What happened to La Pina flour
The fluffiest apple pancakes according to grandma's recipe
Grandma's apple pancakes are the best there are. Yes, I lean a little out of the window. But I'm also sitting at the source. Because I inherited their recipe. And expanded it to include a decisive step in the preparation process. It is always used for my classic pancakes. So those flat cakes without apple slices in the batter. Because only with this one ingredient will your apple pancakes be really, really fluffy. Almost a bit like American pancakes. And I'm not talking about sparkling water. I uncovered this mistake. Then what is it that makes your flatbreads so fluffy?
The dough - this is how it becomes fluffy
That classic with juicy apples makes my heart beat faster. The nice thing about it is that you usually already have the ingredients at home. Because you only need for the base Eggs, milk, sugar and Flour. For me, the latter is always the typical household flour type 405. So what you probably have in your cupboard. It has good baking properties and is THE all-rounder for almost every pastry. So you can quickly mix these four ingredients together into a pancake batter. With the crucial difference: You also fold in egg white.
Egg white has the effect, that it makes your pancakes really fluffy. Similar to American pancakes, only without baking powder. I used to think that sparkling water was the key ingredient. But thought wrong. My pancake test confirmed it. If you want to know more about it, hop over to the article. What you are missing for the perfect apple pancake are - of course - the right apples.
The apples - which varieties are suitable?
I especially like it when the apple pieces in my pancake still have a bite. So ideally they have one firm pulp and give off little liquid when baking. These include, above all, sour apple varieties, such as these:
- Cox orange
Incidentally, these varieties are also suitable for baking, as they unfold their full aroma in the oven. So nothing stands in the way of your next apple-sour cream cake or this apple cake with nut crunch. You can also sprinkle the apple wedges with brown sugar. It caramelises when the flatbreads are baked and makes them even better.
On the stove, done - prepare apple pancakes
The dough is stirred, the apples cut into thin slices - and you're ready to fry. You have two options for this: Either you bake your pancakes in the pan or you prepare them in the oven.
In the pan
So that the apple pancakes land golden brown on my plate, I use them non-stick pan with flat edge. Here you can prepare the flatbreads without baking. Preferably with a little clarified butter or butter. My tip: At medium heat make the pancakes perfect. Because this way they can cook and do not burn. Or you can use the frying sensor from Bosch right away.
No more burnt pancakes
Who doesn't know it? One side of your pancake is black even before you turn it over. With the PerfectFry frying sensor from Bosch, this will no longer happen. It regulates the temperature in the pan automatically. Simply select temperature level 3 and bake your pancake until golden brown at optimal heat.
To 2-3 minutes your apple fritters are then ready to be turned. You can tell when the edge and the surface of the dough slowly solidify. To ensure that it works without any problems, you proceed as follows:
Step 1: Remove the apple pancakes from the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
Step 2: Let the flatbread slide onto a plate.
Step 3: Put the pan over the flatbread, including the plate, and turn it over with a swing.
Hush - your pancake is now with the raw side in the pan. But notice: The second side of your little cake will only take half as long to cook as the first. Toabout 1.5 minutes you should therefore check the degree of browning of the dough and the apple pieces.
In the oven
Baked apple pancakes are a great way to avoid nasty greasy smells in your kitchen. Either you prepare a large pancake from the tray. For the big group, so to speak. Or you stick to the pan variant. Say: You are making a Dutch baby.
- Dutch baby with apple: Preheat the oven to 200 ° C top / bottom heat. Spread 1.5 tbsp butter in pieces in an ovenproof pan with a high rim. Put in the oven and melt the butter. Quarter and core an apple and cut into thin slices. Add to the pan, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar and return the pan to the oven. Mix 125 g flour with 175 ml milk, 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Spread the batter in the pan over the apples and bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Apple pancakes from the tray: Preheat the oven to 200 ° C top / bottom heat. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix 200 g flour with 4 egg yolks, 400 ml milk and a pinch of salt. Beat the egg whites until stiff and stir into the batter. Quarter, core and thinly slice 2 apples. Place the batter on the baking sheet and spread the apple slices on top. Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
The recipe for your apple pancakes
How to do it:
Squeeze the lemon. Wash the apples, cut them in half and remove the core. Slice the apple halves into thin slices and halve again. Drizzle with lemon juice and set aside.
Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
Beat the egg yolks until frothy and stir in the milk. Mix the flour with salt and sugar and mix with the egg mixture to form a smooth dough. Fold in the egg whites, leave to swell for approx. 15 minutes.
Heat some clarified butter in a coated pan. Pour the dough into the pan in portions and cover with apple slices. Bake on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the underside is golden brown.
Turn the apple pancakes over and bake on the other side for 1-1.5 minutes. Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the pancakes.
What goes well with apple pancakes?
I like to combine my apple pancakes with sweet extras. But if you like, you can also prepare it hearty. That is up to you and your taste. How to turn your flatbreads into real deluxe cakes? For me with vanilla sauce or ice cream. Especially vanilla ice cream. This is the most delicious dessert you can get in summer. Also delicious are:
- Cream cheese cream, for example in this pancake cake
- fruit salad
- Fruit compote
- Raisins or rum raisins
- Caramelized nuts
- powdered sugar
- Nougat cream / chocolate sauce
- powdered sugar
- Smoked ham
- Bacon cubes
- Dhoka status for WhatsApp pictures
- Roberta Howett Glg Partner
- How to use super floss with braces
- What is a shotty
- How to use Google effectively ppt
- How to Play Kamael Soul Hound Skills
- Actor Actress Name WhatsApp Puzzle Game
- What does 9 2 betting odds mean?
- What does question mark traffic sign mean
- How many cyberbullying wiki related deaths
- David Archuleta, if you believe guitar chords
- How to start an epic 40k reference
- What is logical text structure
- Who Owns 40 Park Lane Circle Toronto
- How did Justin Holecek die badly
- Neil Howlett Glos Twitter Cellphone
- What is Pulhes mrc1 doing on erb
- What are dumpy bodies
- How many volts brake light
- What does open labor market mean
- What does age-appropriate
- What does Invictus Gallus Gladiator mean
- How to Tension Ring Lock Fence Contractors
- What does self-severity mean
- How to make black pudding
- SEO what's hot latest changes
- Feeling dizzy when moving your eyes
- Chye whatt seng pte ltd
- What is the biggest shark tooth ever found
- Costa rica vs haiti which channel
- How to remove left characters in Excel
- Where to do 4d scan in singapore
- What does double chance mean 12 government