How to make cream-colored mortar
Mixing mortar - this is how it works
Different types of mortar
Lime mortar, lime cement mortar or cement mortar (€ 15.90 at Amazon *) - that's the basic question. Lime mortar is actually only rarely used today, but the mixed mortar made from lime and cement is all the more common.
Cement mortar sets the fastest and is the most stable, lime mortar is softer, but diffusion-open and adheres better to stones. Lime cement mortar combines the good properties of both types of mortar (7.79 € on Amazon *).
- Lime or hydrated lime or cement
- and water.
The “recipes” are usually very simple: for cement mortar, mix 1 part cement and 4 parts sand in a ratio, with mixed mortar 2 parts lime, 1 part cement and 8 parts sand. However, you should measure the quantities as precisely as possible.
For lime mortar, which is rarely used, 1 part lime and 3 parts sand for air lime mortar or 1 part hydrated lime and 4 parts sand for water lime mortar.
The amount of water always depends a little on the moisture content of the raw materials and a few other factors, and usually has to be estimated. With cement it is around half a liter per kilo of cement, with hydrated lime mortar it can be significantly less.
In the end, the consistency determines the water requirement. Below you will find instructions on how to properly mix medium-sized quantities.
Mix the mortar step by step
- Lime, hydrated lime, cement
- a sufficiently large flat surface - preferably a mixing box
1. Mix cement or lime / hydrated lime and sand
Sprinkle the sand evenly in the tub and add the cement, the cement-lime mixture or the lime in small heaps. Mix the small piles with the sand until you have a uniform mixture.
2. Add water
Put a little water in the middle of each of the mixed piles by making a small indentation in the pile with the trowel. Then mix the whole pile until the water is evenly mixed in. Do this with every pile.
3. Mix completely
Repeat step 2 until you have a slightly shiny, evenly moist mixture. But the consistency should still be firm.
* Affiliate link to AmazonHome »Build» Building Materials »Mortar
- What's about Driver Affiliate Incentive Fee
- Qiyamah signs in the Koran, like many Qiblah
- How to break open a door safe
- What is a 1976 Silver Quarter worth
- How to remember a 16 point compass
- How not to blur youtube
- Quingo Flyte accessories wholesale
- Who is better, egali or inner house
- Airlicium what is it
- How do I write a Lewis structure for so2cl2
- MacBook Air Windows 8 screenshot like
- Racuchy na kefirze ewy wachowicz barbara
- When does Gizzard Shad spawn in Oklahoma
- What happened to Kevjumba and Ytfy
- Stars who had nose surgery
- Who is Jack Frost girlfriend poems
- How to stop the backflow of hot water
- Aerox App Walkthrough what kind of drawing is that
- Jang bogo ve yeom yang chow
- When is the lac operon switched off?
- Word laiba in the Koran how often
- Whose birthday is it reno 911 quotes
- What happened to Cloudveil
- China wholesale online cell phones