How to make binabad na bangus steak
How to Cook the Best Bangus Steak Recipe (Milkfish)
Our nation’s geographical profile as an archipelago makes our water teeming with aquatic life. Saltwater and freshwater fishes abound in our waters; no wonder many fish recipes dot our cookbooks and passed down recipes.
Bangus is one of the popular types of fish you could see in the Filipino market today. It is a nutritional and high protein ingredient you could see in the market today, which is healthy. That is why many use it and serve it in famous restaurants and at home.
Fortunately, we have researched some essential information that you need to know about making the famous bangus recipes. We want to guide you through making superb and fantastic dishes that you could serve to your family.
What is milkfish steak
Bangus Belly fish steak is a fish dish that is similar to beefsteak dishes. Usually, meats like pork and beef are common ingredients used in making this dish.
But you could also use boneless bangus belly as the main ingredient of this dish, where it needs to be slightly fried and simmered in garlic, onion, lemon juice or calamansi and soy sauce.
Ou menu is also popularly known as “Bangus ala Pobre Fishtek,” ala Pobre in Spanish means poor. They considered it as a food with a poor taste. It is a famous Bangus dish in the Philippines that Filipinos love to eat with rice and juice.
Ways to Cook for Bangus Bistek Recipes
Learning how to make a particular dish makes you pamper more. Thus, we present to you the different manners of making a traditional recipe.
It is another method of making our dishes. Instead of just frying the bistek plainly, you could use aluminum foil and banana leaves when you start with the fish. Then, making the sauce of the bistek is the same as the traditional one.
The fish’s moist texture remains in turbo broiling, making it more delicious, flavorful, and juicy.
Grilled Bangus Belly
Aside from turbo broiling the bistek before dipping it into the sauce, You could grill the bistek first instead of frying it to the fan. The sauce is traditionally a combination of soy sauce, lemon or calamansi juice, garlic, onion, and pepper.
In grilling, the fish is perfectly grilled from the skin down to the bones. Plus, the fish meat absorbs the marinate mixture very well. The Grilled Bistek, instead of having a sauce that poured out to the fish, you could apply it to make the fish juicier and flavorful.
Bake it at 250 degrees Celsius temperature in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, mix all the ingredients to coat the slices of bistek.
But similarly, you could marinate the fish thoroughly to the sauce to assure that you get the right taste and savoriness of the fish steak. You could also simmer the baked bistek to the marinade mixture for better tasting.
Searing is the easiest to make a version of a bistek that helps you in just 15 minutes. It is a quick fix dinner dish that is flavorful and savory at the same time. It is a delectable way of making this, which is perfect for you special when you are in a hurry.
Other Delicious Variations for Bistek Recipe
If you are not satisfied with our menu’s traditional variation, you should try to discover other variations that could satisfy your cravings.
Bistek with oyster sauce
Beyond the traditional way of making the bistek, making it with oyster sauce is another variation.
You need to mix the water, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Pour the mixture in the pan then boil it. Add water if you find it salty.
Once the sauce boils, add remaining lemon juice, add the oyster sauce. Season with salt if only needed, and freshly ground pepper then turns off the heat.
Bistek With Tausi Recipe
Another variation of the recipe is the bistek with Tausi. The only ingredient that adds to it is the black beans. And the process and marinade mixture is the same as the traditional recipe.
Bistek with barbeque marinated sauce
This variation makes the bistek a little classy. The ingredient added to it aside from the soy, lemon, or calamansi juice mixture is the barbeque marinade mixture. It adds more taste and savory to the traditional menu.
Did you know that Milkfish has no teeth? Yes, it has no teeth, and its food is invertebrates and algae.
The fat from that fish in its belly is the only healthy fat you can eat because it contains omega-three fatty acids.
It is not only yummy but also healthy. It contains calories 310, Carbohydrates 2g, Fat 24g, and Protein 21g.
When you are cooking, making errors could not be avoided. Thus, here are some methods to fix your recipes when it goes wrong.
- Try to add more water if you find it salty.
- Put more marinated mixture when it is almost tasteless or flat.
Following the suggestion below would help you be better and make tastier dishes. So, we have provided you with some tips on how you could make your dish exceptional.
- In baking the dish, ensure that the heat temperature you set on the oven is the right temperature to make the fish perfectly.
- Make sure that all your ingredients are present in the marinade mixture.
- Choose the belly of the fish since it is the tastiest and flavorful part of the fish.
Best served with
As mouth-watering as these delicate recipes, many other foods perfectly match when served together with our menu. Then, you would crave for more with the following dishes.
- Plain Rice - Filipinos love rice that makes it the perfect partner for bistek.
- Pineapple shake - break your thirst with an ice-cold, tall glass of a refreshing pineapple shake. Pineapple is also healthy and perfect with our menu.
- Buko Pandan - a good and delicious dessert that helps lessen the fish steak’s stench and compliments it with its sour-salty taste.
- Minatamis na saging- sweet ripe banana with sweet and delicious syrup, perfect for a fish steak dish because it helps lessen the dish’s loathing and oiliness.
- Shanghai Fried rice – perfect with our menu for breakfast. The sauce of the fish steak compliments with the fried rice. Its taste is succulent and delicious.
Bangus or fish steak is easy to prepare and a simple dish you could serve with your family. It is a quick fix dinner dish that is similar to the adobo dish.
If you have doubts when you are a first-timer, you don’t have to worry because we have provided you with the information, tips, and ways you could use in making this exceptional cuisine. We also give you all the other variations of this dish to try it in your home.
We care for your convenience and desires. So, get all your ingredients and equipment you need to try this amazing dish you would love to serve.
For more delicious recipe, visit Eat Like Pinoy!
Best Bangus Steak Recipe
- 1pc Milkfish cut into 4 slices, rubbed with salt
- 1 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup calamansia extract
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 / 2tspGround black pepper
- 1 pcOnion large, cut into circles
- 1 1/2 cupWater
- Once the oil turns hot, fry the sliced milkfish until medium brown. Flip the fish to fry the other side.
- Remove the fish from the pan. Set aside.
- In another pan, use small amount of the previous oil then fry the onions for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, cook garlic until brown. Then pour-in water, soy sauce, calamansi extract and black pepper. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Then put-in fried bangus and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the melted cornstarch and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- What is a parametrectomy
- How to defeat Corrupt Grove swordsmen
- How to choose between two guys yahoo
- 6 million acres is like many miles
- Broadway Brewhouse Nashville Bushwacker Recipe st
- Rifle scope Matchdot 6 where made
- What causes different sunset times
- Howa Rifles Canada Sales
- How to reproject rasters in Arcgis
- Mbnp parafia starachowice mapa
- Cisco mds how to check the serial number
- Ceraphyl 41 c12-15 alkyl lactate wholesale
- Babasuur suspension what it is used for
- Ariful bari chowdhury alam
- Lahore Bhatti Chowk episode
- What does permanent lockout mean?
- How long does it take for the rack of lamb to be sous vide?
- How to symbolize Nagios
- Dragon dogma where to find explosion arrows
- Howard Wade obituary Fayetteville nc
- Tom Howell Evercore Asset
- Where is my prince charming poem
- Royer 122 specifies Howard
- Sola-larm sla-807 instructions to play