How to make towel shoes
How to make a beeswax yourself
Plastic and plastic are everywhere. So it's great if you can avoid a little rubbish. Above all, you can do without cling film.
A beeswax cloth is suitable as a substitute. You can either buy them or make them yourself. Today I'll show you how it's very easy.
For a self-made oilcloth you need the following things:
- 100% cotton fabric (this shouldn't be too thick)
- a few grams of beeswax in organic quality (please pay attention, because there are a lot of wax adulterations), preferably from the regional beekeeper. For example, I use decapper wax or something from the drone frame. Alternatively you can buy it e.g. here: beeswax *
- two small pots that fit into each other for a water bath, alternatively a water bath melting bowl *
- optionally on 100 g beeswax 5 g jojoba oil * (makes the cloth smoother)
- optionally on 100 g of beeswax 8 g of pine resin * (has an antibacterial effect)
- a brush (preferably a pastry brush *)
- some baking paper
- an iron
Making beeswax cloths
The manufacture of an oilcloth is very easy.
1. The fabric is cut to the required size.
2. The wax is heated in a water bath until it is well liquid
Now the cotton cloth is coated with beeswax
4. After everything has been carefully coated with wax, another parchment paper is placed on the cloth
5. The wax is now ironed in well. The wax should be really runny under the iron, so it goes deep into the fabric.
After ironing, the cloth is trimmed a little. This prevents the cotton cloth from fraying any further. Of course, you can also use zigzag scissors * for this.
The end result with a piece of cheese on it will look like this:
If you wrap the cheese now, the beeswax stays in its shape. The wax gives it a certain strength.
Looks great, doesn't it?
Tips for making and using
- It is best to make several towels in different sizes at the same time. These are also great for covering bowls with salad.
- It is often recommended to make the oilcloth in the oven, I advise against it. The wax runs around and it is difficult to get off the baking sheet. In addition, it is easier to distribute the wax evenly with the iron.
- Fresh oilcloths can leave small marks on bowls. These can be easily removed with hot soapy water and a cloth.
- The beeswax cloth can also be used for freezing.
- The oilcloths can also be soaked in wax. Of course, this requires more wax and a larger vessel.
Maintenance and renewal of oilcloths
The is cleaned ecological cling film with a little lukewarm water and a cloth. The water rolls off the oilcloth immediately and dries quickly. A dish brush is not required. Only the wax from the cloth would stick to this. For heavier soiling, you can also use a little washing-up liquid * (naturally biodegradable).
Older oilcloths can be used again. Either you put them in the oven for a moment or, which is better, you iron them again briefly. But don't forget the baking paper in between
frequently asked Questions
How much wax is needed per cloth?
It all depends on the size of the cloth. For a typical household size of 40 cm x 40 cm, I have determined a wax consumption of approx. 30g per beeswax cloth.
Which ready-made beeswax cloths can you recommend?
There are many manufacturers who now sell beeswax cloth. A recommendable one is Beegut. There the beeswax cloths are available in different sizes.
Nowadays the environment can be relieved with small things. Even if most of the cling film tested today are largely free of harmful substances, they still have a major impact on the environment. The plastics used only decompose very, very slowly.
You too can take part in avoiding rubbish and make your "cling film" yourself. The advantage of this is: it smells wonderfully of beeswax and at the same time has antibacterial properties.
Do you still use normal cling film or do you already have a beeswax cloth? I would appreciate a comment on this post and strong sharing.
This post takes part in the blog parade by Alttrifftneu.
Have fun copying
- How to Cut Choppy Layered Bob
- What does Volvox algae eat
- What does Jaebal
- What is different about Imax Kino Shanghai
- Organic cotton baby clothes wholesalers UK wholesalers
- Who are Jack Grifol's Sibling Tattoos
- What does Dual Drive Pas
- How to pronounce the name Nilesh
- What are Moerser Snot the Dog
- How to do Yang Jang Pi
- How to blunt the perfect honey
- What does Jen Ringel mean, Joe
- Who are 5sos Dating Quiz
- The queen's guards get angry while they drink
- How to flush a chicken fruit problem
- Chowdhary Vaidehi R Md-Mayo Clinic
- Increment counter in the linq query where clause
- Kako vratiti izbrisane slike sa telefona whatsapp
- Convert the time to an integer in Excel
- What is Danny Koker worth
- What does it mean to avoid a clothes hanger?
- How big is the age of Kat de Lieva
- What is my face shape photo upload
- What is psbo medical name