Jan Filochowski West Hertfordshire Crematorium
Jan Filochowski appointed as Chief Executive of Great Ormond Street Hospital
Jan Filochowski, one of the UK’s most respected and experienced NHS chief executives, has been appointed as CEO of Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.16 August 2012
Mr Filochowski has held chief executive positions at five different NHS organizations over the last 20 years. For the last five years he has led West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust into becoming one of the most successful Trusts in the country. He has 37 years healthcare experience, starting with ten years in the Department of Health followed by 27 years in the NHS. He spent a year as a visiting fellow at Harvard University in 1997/8 and a further year part-time as NHS University Fellow at the Judge Business School, Cambridge University in 2004/5.
Described by the Sunday Times as "an inspirational manager", Mr Filochowski will take up his new position in November and will be responsible for leading the world-famous hospital in its first full year as an NHS Foundation Trust.
Welcoming the new appointment, Baroness Blackstone, chair of Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust said: “I am delighted that Jan has agreed to join us. He is a very successful chief executive who brings with him a wealth of invaluable experience at a time of great change for everyone in the NHS. His leadership, expertise and commitment to quality and safety are second to none and will help us in our mission to provide world class care for children and to find even better treatments and cures for childhood illnesses. "
Mr Filochowski said: "Great Ormond Street Hospital is one of the world's leading children’s hospitals and it is a great privilege to be invited to become its chief executive. The world class clinical care, pioneering research and education for which the hospital is renowned is something we can all be proud of. I'm looking forward to working with the talented and dedicated teams at the hospital. I want to do everything I can to support them in providing the highest quality care to patients and their families and in continuing to make advances in pediatric healthcare to benefit children in the UK and internationally. "
About Jan Filochowski
Born in Yorkshire, educated at Cambridge, Newcastle and Oxford universities, Jan Filochowski has been chief executive at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust since 2007. Immediately prior to this he was senior management advisor at South East Health Authorities, in which role he also advised various national organizations, including the Prime Minister's Delivery Unit and the Department of Health, on service change implementation in the NHS. He has held chief executive roles at the Royal United Hospital, Bath NHS Trust, the Medway NHS Trust in Kent, Southmead NHS Trust in Bristol, and Poole Hospital NHS Trust. Mr Filochowski is married and has two grown-up children and one grandson.
- When Sasuke Itachi implanted eyes picture
- Using Autotune on Mixpad Multitrack
- Webmin proftpd how to do it
- Who wrote irreplaceable ne-yo
- How wide is a 280 motorcycle tire
- 2004 Sprinter start error at Kaelte
- What does upper hall mean
- What causes gpu coil whine ps4
- How to write degree abbreviations by name
- What is a sublenticular cyst
- How to change Hulu's year of birth
- Smallest squares method wikihow
- Econavi na140vg3 how to use it
- What is the E-C clamping technology
- Uno dos ultraviolento descargar whatsapp
- Mordaunt short carnival 2 what hi-fi france
- Visual Studio, how to set build action
- Coleman Biospace 700 Binding Instructions
- What day was May 26, 2006?
- How do they make rubber balls hollow
- Howard Public School Hyderabad Telangana Card
- Stairs to nowhere Quotes about strength
- How to write a crying tone
- Last fantasy 3 where is unei