What does gnwl available mean in the irctc registry
All about train ticket and berth status
The advance booking for Indian train ticket opens 120 days before the date of journey. Tickets can be booked both offline at Passenger Reservation System (PRS) or online using irctc website. Ticket booked online can be an e-ticket (which is a print-out / sms) or an i-ticket wherein the PRS ticket is couriered to the passenger.
All the tickets issued have a unique 10-digit PNR (Passenger Name Record) which you should quote for any correspondence regarding your ticket / journey. The ticket also contains all the other journey details like train number, journey date, travel class, origin, destination, ticket status, berth details for confirmed tickets, passenger details etc. Maximum of six passengers can travel through one ticket. But just having a ticket does not guarantee that your journey is confirmed. It all depends on the ticket status. All the passengers in a ticket are assigned a ticket status which can be waiting (WL), RAC (a half berth), or confirmed (full berth). These are explained below in detail:
Waiting List (WL): If the passenger status is marked as WL followed by a number then the passenger has a waitlisted status. This can get confirm only if the passengers who have booked before you cancel their ticket for the same journey. For example if the status is GNWL 4 / WL 3, then this means that you have a waiting list of 3 (the latter number) and your ticket will get confirmed only if 3 passengers who have booked before you for the same journey happen to cancel their journey. Similarly, GNWL / AVAILABLE means that current status of your ticket is CONFIRMED because some passengers who booked before you have canceled their tickets. This status also gives some insight into the current ticket cancellation trends for this journey. For more on this, visit Trainman's trend analysis. In case the passenger status is waitlisted even after the chart preparation, then the passenger is not allotted any berth. If all the passengers on an e-ticket have waitlisted status after final chart preparation, then the ticket gets automatically canceled and the amount is refunded back to the user's account. In this case, the passengers should NOT board the train. If at least one passenger has RAC or confirm status while other passengers on the same ticket have waiting list status, then the e-ticket DOES NOT get canceled automatically and the passengers are allowed to board the train. Waiting list can be of various types:
- GNWL: General Waiting List (GNWL) waitlisted tickets are issued when the passenger begins his / her journey at the originating station of a route or stations close to the originating station. This is the most common type of waiting list and has got the highest chances of confirmation.
- RLWL: Remote Location Waiting List (RLWL) means ticket is issued for intermediate stations (between the originating and terminating stations) because usually these are the most important towns or cities on that particular route. This type of tickets will be given a separate priority and confirmations will depend on the cancellations of a destination confirmed ticket. Remote location stations prepare there own chart 2-3 hours before the actual departure of train. For this type of ticket there are fewer chances of confirmation.
- PQWL: A Pooled Quota Waiting List (PQWL) is shared by several small stations. Pooled quotas normally operate only from the originating station of a route, and there is only one pooled quota for the entire run. The pooled quota is generally allotted for passengers traveling from the originating station to a station short of the terminating station, or from an intermediate station to the terminating station, or between two intermediate stations.
- RLGN: Remote Location General Waiting List (RLGN) is issued when a user books a ticket where WL quota is RLWL. This means after ticket booking RLWL gets named as RLGN.
- RSWL: Roadside Station Waiting List (RSWL) is allotted when berths or seats are booked by the originating station for journeys up to the road-side station and distance restrictions may not apply. This waiting list also has very fewer chances of confirmation.
- RQWL: If a ticket is to be booked from an intermediate station to another intermediate station, and if it is not covered by the general quota or by the remote location quotas or pooled quota, the request for the ticket may go into a Request Waiting List (RQWL ).
- TQWL (formerly CKWL): For tatkal tickets, the waiting list issued used to be CKWL which has been changed to TQWL by the Indian Railways since December 2016. If tatkal ticket goes up, it directly gets confirmed and doesn't go through RAC status unlike GNWL. During chart preparation, general waiting list (GNWL) is preferred over tatkal waiting list (TQWL) therefore tatkal waitlisted tickets are less likely to get confirmed. Follow these tatkal booking tips to get a confirmed tatkal ticket.
If you have booked a waiting ticket or you are deciding whether to book a ticket where current status is waiting, then check your chances of confirmation i.e. ticket will get confirmed or not.
Reservation Against Cancellation (RAC): If a user has been issued an RAC ticket, then most likely his ticket will get confirmed by the time of chart preparation and he will get a berth. In case the ticket remains RAC even after chart preparation (if the coach number is preceded by R i.e. RB1, 31 means RAC seat no 31 in coach B1), then user is allotted a half berth (seat) i.e. two persons having RAC ticket status are allotted one side-lower berth. The TTE is obligated to allot berths which are canceled after chart preparation for these RAC passengers.
Confirmed (CNF): In this case the passenger gets a full berth for the journey. In case of first AC (1A), the passenger may not get berth details even for confirmed ticket when ticket is issued. This is because the berth allotment for this class is done manually by the TTE on chart preparation.
- How Computers Help Us Essay
- Who said symbols cast long shadows
- What is the name of the v-symbol pointing sideways?
- What does the land of Laputa symbolize
- Loceryl nail polish instructions for tying
- How much does chin augmentation surgery cost
- True blood spoilers that killed Sookie's parents
- Where was crossword puzzles never filmed again?
- Learn How to Repair Mac Computers
- Gayaman dissanayake what is art
- What is Pagemaker in Hindi
- Shapoorji Pallonji Howrah Location of the pancreas
- How to grow mushrooms from mycelial health
- Kericho Gold loose leaf tea wholesale
- How does Cinemark Cinemode work at home
- 4f Orbital how many nodes in the class
- Who is the consumer cellular actress
- How to Take Real 3D Pictures
- Execution of the task manager for certificates with new exchange
- How to Burn Audio CD
- Dream story where the rainbow movie ends
- What does the word abhor?
- How to collage pictures on the wall
- Franklin Ohio 45005 is in what county
- Rajiv Chowk to Rajendra Square Metronidazole
- How do I load the airtime from cell c
- Praca wychowawca paedagog pomorskie
- Film when worlds collide online in 2012
- Floating wine glasses wholesale
- 536 kj is how many calories
- How to solve magic word squares
- Nowhere boy banjo scene from the movie
- Boggart hole clough postcode everywhere