Celotex insulation 100 mm is like many inches
Customs calculator - calculate customs & import duties online
Anyone who receives parcels from abroad or buys online in a foreign shop is often surprised at the delivery: Additional fees are due for import. We explain to you what customs and import duties are all about. You can use the customs calculator to calculate the applicable taxes online.
With our customs calculator for Germany you can calculate the amount of the fees due in advance.
This is how the customs calculator works:
- Enter in the field "Order value“The purchase price according to the invoice, but without shipping costs.
- Enter in the field "Shipping“The paid shipping costs. If you have not paid any shipping costs, enter 0.
- Select the type of goods from the list.
- Note that order value and Shipping costs in euros must be specified. If you have paid for the goods in a foreign currency, use the German customs exchange rate table.
- Have you ordered products that different tariff rates are subject to, calculate the respective fees separately.
- Please note that the actual amount due may vary depending on the nature of the goods and will only be determined by German customs. The automatically determined fee value is therefore only to be seen as a guideline.
Table of contents of the article
Import duties are incurred so that German or European traders do not have any disadvantage compared to non-EU sellers. Since the applicable taxes are levied when buying in Germany and often not when buying abroad, the import duties compensate for this.
Import duties and customs duties may also apply if you receive a package from friends or relatives from abroad. Here the limit amounts differ from goods orders.
Notice to companies
The information in this article relates to private customers. Anyone who imports from abroad for business also needs an EORI number. However, the same limits apply to customs duties and taxes.
When receiving or sending gifts, the provisions also differ from those for private individuals.
What are the fees?
When importing goods into the Community, i.e. the EU member states, from third countries, different fees may apply. A distinction is made here between consumption taxes, import sales tax and customs.
- Excise duties are levied on tobacco, coffee and alcohol, for example. Mostly the dealer pays the taxes in Germany, the German customs recommend to have this confirmed in writing.
- Also with the Import sales tax it is a consumption tax that largely corresponds to the German sales tax. Since VAT is often not paid abroad, the goods are taxed accordingly when they are imported into the EU.
- In addition, you can Duties according to the customs tariff become due.
When are import duties due?
There are two main factors involved in deciding when to pay import duties:
Is it a paid shipment, e.g. an internet order or a gift? There are no import duties for gifts sent from private individuals to private individuals if it is a "occasional, non-commercial broadcast“Acts that the Does not exceed a value of 45 euros.
If the gift comes from a company, the regular value limits apply. In addition, the amount and type of taxes depend on the value of the goods and the type of shipment.
Determine the value of the goods
The basis for calculating the import duties is Value of goods, it is also called the customs value. This is the price actually paid when buying. Also Shipping are counted towards the value of the goods.
Sample calculation for the value of goods
Purchase price: 100 euros
+ Shipping costs: 15 euro
= Value of goods: 115 euros
The value of the goods or customs value on which the calculation of the import duties is based is therefore not 100 euros, but 115 euros. If the amount was not paid in euros but in another currency, it will be converted into euros before the tax is calculated.
Problems in determining the value of the goods
German customs take the value of the goods from the customs declaration, which must be attached to every shipment. The declaration is made by the sender.
However, shipments are particularly frequent when it comes to orders from the Far East intentionally flawed declared so that the recipient has to pay lower import duties. That is why such parcels are checked more intensively. If customs have doubts about the stated value of the goods, the recipient must provide the invoice or actual proof of payment. A PayPal statement or something similar is often sufficient for this.
Sometimes senders also declare the shipment as „Poison“, So as a giftto avoid import duties. This can also lead to inquiries from customs.
You will be contacted either by customs or the parcel service if there are problems or ambiguities in determining the value of your shipment. You do not always have to go to customs in person to initiate the shipment. Sometimes it is sufficient to provide the necessary documents by e-mail, here the Deutsche Post takes care of the import as part of the "subsequent post customs clearance". The applicable taxes plus fee will then be paid directly upon delivery.
When collecting the goods from customs, never forget the letter, because the parcel delivery number (PÜB) is required to identify the shipment.
Tip: react in good time
If you have received a letter from customs, you should act quickly. Mail is only stored in the respective customs office for 14 days and then sent back to the sender. Storage costs apply after 10 days.
Value limits for the calculation of the taxes
The types of taxes that apply depend on the value of the goods. Excise taxes are always calculated regardless of the value of the goods.
A distinction is made between three value zones:
- Goods value up to 22 euros
- Value of goods between 22 and 150 euros
- Value of goods higher than 150 euros
Customs duties: How much are the duties?
Import duties are not always incurred for the import of consignments from non-EU countries. The customs fees for different product groups are calculated separately when determining the fees and then added up.
Some shipping service providers also collect Fees for handling customs clearance. For example, DHL Express charges a service fee, the capital provision commission. This amounts to 2% of the import duties, but at least 12.50 euros plus VAT.
Goods value up to 22 euros
If the determined value of the goods is up to 22 euros, the import no customs fees raised. Such deliveries with a low value of goods can be received free of charge.
This does not apply if the shipment contains alcoholic products, perfumes or tobacco or tobacco products. The corresponding taxes must also be paid separately for coffee and goods containing coffee.
The German However, customs only collect fees from an amount of 5 euros. This effectively increases the value limit to approx. EUR 26.30, up to which no import duties have to be paid. As a simple guideline, you can remember 26 euros. This regulation does not apply to Austria, where fees of 22 euros or more are charged.
Value of goods between 22 and 150 euros
If the value of the goods is between 22 and 150 euros, you have to import only the import sales tax pay. Depending on the product, this is 7 or 19%, analogous to German VAT. Shipments up to a value of 150 euros are duty-free.
Calculate import sales tax
Purchase price: 100 euros
+ Shipping costs: 15 euro
= Value of goods: 115 euros
=> Import sales tax (19%): 21.85 euros
Some products like Groceries or books are taxed at only 7%. Here the exemption limit is approx. 71 euros instead of approx. 26 euros. If you are unsure which tax rate your shipment is subject to, please contact German customs for information.
Contact to German customs for private individuals
Value of goods higher than 150 euros
From a value of 150 euros in addition to the import sales tax, also duties according to the customs tariff, i.e. customs duties. The quality of the goods is also decisive here. Different products and materials are taxed at different rates of duty.
Normally the customs duties are not more than 17.5%. Only for bicycles from China do you need a kind of "Dumping duty“Pay in the amount of 48.5%.
The tariffs mentioned are only guidelines. The final amount may vary depending on the specific nature of the goods. How high the taxes actually are is only calculated at customs.
Some goods are completely duty-free, in which case only import sales tax and, if applicable, consumption taxes are to be paid. For this, the goods must come from a country that benefits from customs, and proof of preference must be presented. This usually does not apply to regular mail. For more information, please contact customs.
Post customs clearance of shipments
It can happen that your shipment is subject to duty, but is not recognized as such - for example due to an incorrect customs declaration. In this case, contact the customs office responsible for you and register the delivery for post-customs clearance. The same rules and rates apply here as for regular duty-cleared parcels.
Pay import duties
You can usually pay the import duties directly on delivery by the parcel service. In some cases - as described above - additional fees are charged by the shipping service provider itself.
Please note that payment is usually only possible in cash and appropriately. Payment of import duties by girocard or credit card is normally not possible.
- For shipments from non-EU countries, import fees are charged
- The amount of taxes and duties depends on the value of the goods and the type of goods
- If the value of the goods is less than 22 euros, import into the EU is free
- Tax rate and customs duties vary depending on the product
- Calculate customs duties online with the customs calculator
Despite intensive research, this list of customs and entry requirements is not complete and is not always up-to-date. In case of doubt, only customs can provide binding information. This article is not intended to be legal advice. Any liability claims against the author of this article are excluded.
- Powhatan Soccer Twitter Bios
- How to restore a base metal case
- What does Deez Nuts Gotti
- Amazebox instructions on how to play
- Pt lapindo international tbk wholesale
- What is Haolam Emes
- Andre paskowski what a cancer
- Al final del sendero descargar whatsapp
- Who is Amy Adam's mother
- What does Jupiter's nectar mean
- What is a section candidate
- What does the last name Dominguez mean
- Who Owns Carney Estate
- Mahipala Yoga in Astrology What does mc
- What does it mean when you are scurvy dogs
- What are electrical interlocks
- Brain doctors close to me who take care of it
- Adolph Reed Jr. What color is anti-Semitism
- How is bourette yarn made with milk
- Inkel ma 910 specs howard
- What does spazzing mean in kpop fashion
- Rhombicosidodecahedron How many edges does a sphere have
- Amor secreto angeles de charly descargar whatsapp
- Where the heart is 2000 currents