How is polyethylene resin bird house made
Choose the right hole size for the bird house
Adjust hole sizes to suit the birds
Nest boxes are available in different materials. Alternatively, you can create beautiful decorative objects for your garden when you build it yourself. By choosing the right hole size, you will attract different wild birds.
- Nest boxes with an entrance hole of about 27 millimeters offer tits such as blue, swamp and willow tits a safe breeding place.
- Fir and crested tits also feel very comfortable in such nesting aids.
- The standard width of the entrance hole for small birds is 30 to 35 millimeters.
- You can use it to attract nuthatches and great tits, for example.
- Sparrows and the common redstart also raise their young in this aviary.
- The black redstart and the robin need larger entry holes.
- For these species, choose a diameter of 50 millimeters.
- The star requires a hole size of 55 millimeters in diameter.
- A slightly larger entry of 60 millimeters is perfect for the woodpecker.
|Diameter of the entry hole||These bird species attract you|
|27 millimeters||Blue, swamp, willow, coal and crested tit|
|30 to 35 millimeters||Nuthatch, great tit, sparrow, redstart|
|50 millimeters||Black redstart, robin|
How to properly hang the birdhouse
Always set up nest boxes in a well-protected area. The classic is hanging in a tree. Use wire or a sturdy rope to secure it.
The walls of sheds or garages offer an alternative to screwing on. The nest box must be firmly attached. Choose the fastening so that you can easily remove the house if necessary. This is important for the annual cleaning before moving to a new home.
Fix the bird feeder in a quiet place. Choose a height that is difficult to reach for cats and other enemies. A height of 1.80 meters is recommended.
You will surely want to watch the birds. Therefore, remember to hang up the birdhouse in a place that is clearly visible to you. The hole should face south / southeast. In this way, the brood is largely protected from rain.
Hang the freshly cleaned house outside again in autumn. This allows you to offer wild birds protection and a place to sleep over the winter. In the spring they have already got used to their home. The quiet chirping of birds will not be long in coming.
Would you like to build your own bird feeder? Use untreated wood with an easy-to-work thickness of around 20 millimeters. Choose varnishes and colors that, according to the manufacturer, are safe for children's toys. In this way, you play it safe when the paint is safe for the animals.
With the right suspension you will attract the feathered friends:
- Choose a place well protected from enemies such as cats.
- Assemble the house stably with wire or solid rope.
- It can also be screwed onto a quiet wall.
- Prefer a place that is easy to observe for you.
- Hang the house up in the fall to attract the birds early.
- Only use untreated wood and harmless varnish to build it yourself.
With the right hole size and the right location, your favorite bird species are guaranteed to move into a new home soon.
How helpful do you find this article?
- How to manually speed up the CPU fan
- Runasdate 64 bit instructions like
- What does esterified form mean?
- The whole nine meters of pictures
- Fry the whole catfish in a pan
- Uk gdp all over the place
- Read the file msgstore.db.crypt
- Bezoya bottled water in what вЂ ‹вЂ‹ country
- Attorney General Eleanor Sharp Stone Grinder Wholesale
- How to play stratego junior
- Wherever you go gregory norbet listen
- How to make homura akemi tights
- Stairway to nowhere Wroclaw Poland
- How to mount canvas on masonite
- How to increase water pressure without electricity
- How to Get Free Gems вЂ ‹вЂ‹ Dragonvale Codes
- How to find the tariff code in sap
- Captiva exhaust noise when cold
- How to Defragment Windows 7 for Free
- Amt102 incremental encoder how it works
- Instructions for binding the Wavelink WiFi repeater
- How to do rudrabhishekam at home
- How to watch apple tv on xfinity
- What is updog danger