When you get burned and it hurts
Fibromyalgia or Everything Hurts Syndrome - What To Do?Reading time: 3 minutes
What is fibromyalgia and how does it come about?
Fibromyalgia is a non-inflammatory pain syndrome with chronic soft tissue discomfort and hardening of the muscles that can occur in various parts of the body. It is also called fiber muscle pain, soft tissue rheumatism, muscular rheumatism or fibrositis and can occur at any age, both in children and adults.
Fibromyalgia affects up to 2% of the population of Central Europe - women nine times more often than men. After observing the familial accumulation of fibromyalgia, a genetic predisposition to the disease is suspected. There is a lot of scientific debate about the causes of the disease. Fibromyalgia is classified into primary and secondary fybromyalgia according to causes.
To give fibromyalgia a name means to understand the background
The disturbances and complaints always run on the physical and on the psychological level. If the specific cause of the fibromyalgia is unknown or if there is no underlying disease, it is referred to as primary fibromyalgia. Hormonal or physiological factors (muscle tension, palpitations, changes in blood vessels or accelerated breathing) are also part of the primary fibromyalgia syndrome.
In its secondary form, the fibromyalgia syndrome occurs as a secondary disease or triggered by inflammatory rheumatic diseases, autoimmune diseases, malignant tumor diseases, Parkinson's disease and after accidents or infections.
Fibromyalgia with Symptoms and Concomitants
Fibromyalgia is characterized by partly burning, partly dull or radiating pain, with an increased sensitivity to pressure at certain pain pressure points. These are 18 pain points, which are also called tender points.
If 11 of the 18 pressure points give you pain and discomfort for at least 3 months, it is likely that you have fibromyalgia. However, a reliable diagnosis should be made by a rheumatologist. The pain can occur both during the day and at night.
Typical accompanying symptoms in fibromyalgia syndrome are morning stiffness of joints and vision, sleep disorders, fatigue, nausea, headache, and swelling of the hands, feet and / or face. In addition to the pain, fibromyalgia is accompanied by mental disorders with a depressive mood, as well as functional or vegetative symptoms. Some of these symptoms are irritable bowel syndrome, cardiovascular or breathing problems, and bladder problems.
Make a diagnosis of fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia cannot be recognized by laboratory tests such as blood tests and X-rays. However, these are useful when excluding other diseases such as inflammatory rheumatism, muscle diseases and thyroid diseases. To diagnose fibromyalgia, a clinical diagnosis is required, i.e. a questioning of your physical complaints with a subsequent examination by the rheumatologist.
Fibromyalgia therapy is aimed at relieving symptoms
Once the diagnosis of fibromyalgia is clinically established, it will likely take time. Not only to understand it, but also to learn how to deal with the disease. But the most important thing for you up front: Even if the reasons for FMS cannot be treated, the symptoms are treatable and you do not simply have to put up with the usual pain.
Good information about FMS can help you both learn to deal with the symptoms and alleviate the discomfort. Relieving the symptoms of fibromyalgia means rethinking and changing your own lifestyle.
The FMS therapy should always be individually tailored to you, consisting of the following methods and combinations:
- Regular exercise / cardiovascular training 2-3 times a week has a positive effect on your muscles. Endurance sports such as swimming, walking, jogging or cycling are available for you here.
- Relaxation techniques such as autogenic training, progressive muscle relaxation and yoga also relax the muscles and muscle fibers, relieve pain and reduce stress.
- With the biofeedback therapy it is possible for you to make unconscious body functions such as muscle tension, heartbeat or digestion conscious, so you can increase control over these functions and promote physical and mental well-being.
- Physiotherapy, with its various treatments, is effective in relieving your pain and discomfort. This includes massages of the connective tissue, targeted physiotherapy, osteopathy and cold / heat treatments on the entire body.
- Psychotherapy is an important component in therapy for fibromyalgia. Cognitive behavioral therapy has proven to be particularly effective. The way you think determines your feelings, behavior, and reactions. Cognitive behavioral therapy is aimed at making (unconscious) harmful thoughts, attitudes and evaluations aware. In this way, you can achieve significant improvements in your complaints.
- Acupuncture stimulates certain nerve fibers and thus releases vasodilating substances. Thus, the blood flow is increased and the pain is decreased. When choosing a therapist, you should always look for an experienced doctor or alternative practitioner who specializes in acupuncture. A Vietnamese acupuncture doctor is the best address in this case.
- Andullation therapy is a very good and proven therapy method in the treatment of FMS and offers many advantages. I have tested it for you myself and am enthusiastic about its effect and its areas of application. The release of the vibrations stimulates the blood circulation and metabolism and the elimination of pollutants and metabolic waste is improved. This will result in some relief from your pain. On the spiritual level, the andulation therapy has a deeply relaxing effect.
When choosing the combinations, it is important for you to take your time to try out what works best for you. These combinations of forms of therapy and relaxation methods increase your wellbeing and reduce pain. At the same time, your sleep disorders are improved and the use of medication can be reduced.
I wish you the best for your health and a symptom-free time!
Photo credit: ALDECAstudio / stock.adobe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our post. To do this, click on the asterisks shown below (5 asterisks = very good):
PPS: Did you particularly like the article?
Support our advisor portal:
- Written Bro Code How I Met Each Other
- I'm over a dollar what 50 cents
- What does Gravida 2 para. 1001
- Long silk scarves wholesalers from India
- How bright is 500 Ansi Lumen
- How to customize Windows 7 folders suck
- How To Use Styrofoam Tortilla Warmer
- What is a flush-mounted photo book
- What is ISO 9660 Joliet
- Using the color separation guide
- I was ready all along, Drake
- Diablo 3 Where is the soul pot
- How To Make Super Flat Server Minecraft
- What happened in Bali Ost texten
- Przemko stachowski sochaczew cards
- How to win a national lottery in South Africa
- Where my next school to my house
- How do I create a service notification in SAP
- Como espiar talks de whatsapp online
- What is a die-hard romantic
- How to find exact circular function values
- Lauhul mahfuz in the Koran as often
- How to get grindr xtra free
- What makes hopes have been dashed meaning