Dark spot when blinking eyelids
We overcome Limits
In some people, the redness persists. Others also experience pain and a marked deterioration in vision. "Blepharitis has to be treated when the affected person has symptoms," says the eye expert.
The causes are varied and often cannot be clearly clarified: environmental factors such as smoking and cosmetics play a role, but also allergies, neurodermatitis or skin diseases such as rosacea.
An oily film protects the eyes
The central element of blepharitis are the so-called meibomian glands. The total of around one hundred sebum glands in the eyelid margins secrete an oily secretion that keeps the watery tear film on the eye longer. However, if the glands produce too little or the wrong secretion, the tear fluid flows away too quickly and the eye dries out.
Foamy tears can make secretions that are too thin and insufficiently protect the eyes. It comes to irritation and bacteria settle. At the same time, bacteria can break down the secretion and thus also contribute to drying out. What is the cause and what is the effect is often difficult to say.
But too thick a secretion can cause problems. Then the glands clog, the eye also dries out and the secretion migrates into the surrounding tissue. A so-called hailstone is created.
It has not yet been clarified whether so-called Demodex mites can also cause blepharitis by clogging the glands. In many people, the tiny pathogens live in the hair shafts of the eyelashes.
“When we find the mites, we show them to the patient under the microscope. That motivates many to take eye hygiene more seriously, ”says Professor Reinhard. Daily eye hygiene is crucial Because optimal eye hygiene is essential for recovery.
Warm up, cleanse, repeat
Sufferers should put a warm (not too hot) cloth or gel mask on their closed eyes for about ten minutes every day, then the eyelids should be gently massaged with cotton swabs. If yellow-white liquid leaks, it can be carefully removed with cotton swabs.
If that is not enough, artificial tears can help against the dryness. If that is not enough either, the doctor can treat the eye with immune-inhibiting agents. Because the complaints usually come from an excessive inflammatory reaction. This lets the eye calm down again.
Beware of self-therapy with antibiotics and home remedies
The ophthalmologist strongly advises against self-therapy. “Unauthorized antibiotic therapies often lead to resistance. And their treatment is much more complex, ”warns Professor Reinhard.
You should also keep your hands off home remedies such as chamomile, even mixed saline solutions and vinegar rinses: "In case of doubt, this will damage the eye more than the infection," says Professor Reinhard. In any case, those affected need patience. Because improvements usually only appear after a few weeks.
- How to find custom code in SAP
- What does unharmed mean
- Lnbf zinwell ck21 wholesale
- What are the famous works of art of the Ifugaos
- How to use epsa hair color cream
- Tellmewhen wow addon 3.3.5
- How to make cream-colored mortar
- The Microsoft Word 2010 tab moves the entire paragraph
- Technics su c01 specs howard
- Service desk plus dashboard everywhere Chrysler
- How to drutil the sputum
- How many calories in Tirunelveli Halwa
- How does a plant life begin
- Who is Joe Walsh's wife
- 5440 since when lyrics you go
- How to get Meteor Storm Ragnarok Guide
- How to sing breathless lyrics
- Who is Carrie the Sparkling Fairy Actress
- How to find ka from ch3cooh name
- S asseoir en what character
- Which country abbreviation is cmr
- What is zinc difumarate hydrate
- How to Hard Reset Sony Ericsson J105i
- Shedinja Wonder Guard, How To Hit Jet