What is your WhatsApp number in Spanish
WhatsApp: Why strangers can suddenly read your chats
More than 60 billion WhatApp messages are sent on average every day. Many chat histories are very private and should not fall into the hands of strangers. A small mistake can do just that. We explain how to avoid it.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messengers worldwide. Even if the app is repeatedly accused of a lack of data security and privacy, billions of messages are sent via the service every day.
Regardless of whether the chats are superficial or very private: The messages should in any case not be accessible to third parties.
But this is exactly what can happen if you don't pay attention to a little thing, as WhatsApp explains on its own website.
WhatsApp: You should urgently avoid this mistake
WhatsApp is popular for many reasons: It's free, it's easy to use, and you don't have to remember a login name or password. But this is exactly where the problem lies: your WhatsApp account is only linked to the phone number.
WhatsApp chats are encrypted and therefore usually not visible to strangers. But if you change your phone number and the telecommunications company reassigns your former mobile number, they can in principle access all of your WhatsApp chats.
To avoid cases like this, WhatsApp deletes all chat data for a number as soon as it has been inactive for 45 days. However, telephone numbers are often reassigned before this deadline. If the person who has now received your old number installs and opens WhatsApp within the 45-day period, they will have access to all WhatsApp chats.
In the next section we will explain how you can avoid this uncomfortable situation.
WhatsApp: how to avoid the mistake
To prevent someone with your old phone number from accessing your WhatsApp messages, there are two options:
- delete account. To do this, you first have to open WhatsApp and go to the settings. Under "Account" you will now find the item "Delete my account". However, you should note that you will also lose any unsaved messages.
- It is less radical and just as effective if you use your change number. To do this, also open WhatsApp> Settings> Account. You can do exactly that under "Change number". Enter your current and your new phone number. Your WhatsApp account will then be transferred to the new mobile number and can no longer be viewed with the old number.
More articles from this area
The most popular CHIP news
- What happened to Encyclopedia Dramatica insulted the challenge
- What are some funny ghetto girl names
- How a pulse generator works
- Which channel is lmn on wow cable
- Tatting like beginner graphghan
- How To Make LG E400 Recovery Mode Hard
- Nawzar Halal meat wholesale
- What causes the appearance of hymenal tags
- Liberal student meme what my parents
- Where is Khalis Jalebi's blog
- How to make a partial differentiation formula
- Gordon Chow Hawaii Airlines
- Where the Wild Things Are ebook
- How bright is 3400 lumens
- How to add Dropbox to the dock
- Animal jam What are bongo drums worth
- Merchandise Bazaar Inc Wholesale
- Man gutted girlfriend
- Car Audio Wholesaler Miami
- Geomate jr update kit how to use it
- When was Queeneth Hilbert born free
- Borgward b2000 specs howard
- How to pass 700 Candy Crush
- Dr. Maria Stachowska Alergolog Beograd
- How to access my va bill
- Aria the scarlet ammunition that is Kana
- Simon Mann cricket commentator who has died
- Heterokaryotic stage in fungi, which divides
- What does insatiable curiosity mean
- Who is the man in McDonald's commercial
- Captiva exhaust noise when cold
- What is the demand from the end user
- Import and export Bluestacks WhatsApp contacts
- How are paleo temperatures determined