Button and cord envelopes in the wholesale trade
Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris: All The Roadrunning on CD
Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris: All The Roadrunning
CD (Compact Disc)
Conventional CD that can be played with all CD players and computer drives, but also with most SACD or multiplayers.
- Label:Universal, 2006
- Order number:4644440
- Release date: 21.4.2006
- Overall sales rank: 2694
- Sales rank in CDs: 1341
For seven years, Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris quietly compiled a treasure trove of duets. The result, All the Roadrunning, was released on Warner Bros. / Nonesuch Records in April 2006.
"We put it together by stealing a few precious hours of studio time here and there," says Knopfler, who first met Emmylou Harris on a Chet Atkins TV special.
"Emmylou's respect and affection for the players and the music struck me then and still does. In my writing, I'd been dealing a fair bit with the male / female shape. With that amazing voice, Emmylou, now more than ever, seems to capture a kind of universal female experience, something that speaks to all ages. After our first session and then making a couple of duets for a Hank Williams tribute, I thought we should go on recording, and thankfully Emmylou felt the same. "
In Emmylou's words, "Making this album was a pure joy — being surrounded by extraordinary musicians and guided by one of the great artists of our time. Truly it is a gift for which I will always be grateful."
Knopfler says: "The song 'If this is Goodbye' was inspired by something the novelist Ian McEwan wrote days after 9/11 about those mobile phone calls from the towers — the calls to say 'I love you.' It connects with the song 'This Is Us,' which is just the living continuation of that affirmation of love over barbarism and hatred — a celebration of ordinary lives lived with love in them, falling in love, getting married, having kids and digging out the photo album. " Co-producing with Chuck Ainlay, Knopfler shares his electric, acoustic and slide playing with guitarist Richard Bennett. The other musicians in the lineup are Jim Cox and Guy Fletcher (keyboards), Glenn Worf (bass), Chad Cromwell and Danny Cummings (drums), Glen Duncan (fiddle and mandolin), Stuart Duncan (fiddle), Dan Dugmore and Paul Franklin (steel), Jim Horn and the Memphis Horns (horns), Billy Ware (Triangle) and Steve Conn (accordion).
A multiple Grammy Award winner, as the lead singer / songwriter of Dire Straits Mark Knopfler combined his wry lyrics with his guitar prowess to create such major hits as "Money for Nothing," "Sultans of Swing," "Romeo & Juliet," " So Far Away, "and" Walk of Life. " He has produced records for Bob Dylan and Randy Newman as well as scoring several films including Local Hero, Princess Bride, and Wag the Dog. He has also released several critically acclaimed solo albums, including 2004's Shangri-La. (emmylouharris. com)
- 1 Beachcombing
- 2 I dug up a diamond
- 3 This Is Us
- 4 Red staggerwing
- 5 Rollin 'on
- 6 Love and happiness
- 7 Right now
- 8 Donkey Town
- 9 Belle Starr
- 10 Beyond My Wildest Dreams
- 11 All the road running
- 12 If This Is Goodbye
- Surface miners don't need shoes
- Dog bites me while cutting nails cartoon
- Noon Qutni in the Koran who is Jesus
- Blanchardstown hospital departments where critical care
- Who Makes Bloater Paste Sandwich
- Where did Brantford Winstonworth go to college?
- What color is Hendricks Gin bottle size
- How to reset the CPU clock speed
- Wupo's instructions on how to play
- Jntuh updates on WhatsApp
- Wholesale clothing USA distributors Lebanon
- What is ups ground freight
- How to open xps 630i case
- How to kill tree lichen fungus
- What are different types of weather instruments
- What is a smr turbined operation
- Bulk cashew pieces wholesale
- Comment etre hors ligne WhatsApp
- Much less meaning
- 20,000 megawatts supply how many households
- How many years of dentistry course in Kavite
- How to catch Deathfish Sims 3
- Point in the polygon MySQL query where
- How many years was June 1995
- How to fix brick wii black screen
- What we call avalu in English
- What is pseudo-stupidity
- Dr robert morse and how to contact
- Eb3 i 140 approved what next
- How to play tumbi online dating
- How to untag the Facebook album
- 3500 characters is like many words
- What does acp stand for in the financial sector?