How to become a firefighter in Malaysia

Training with the fire brigade

School entry requirements

For the dual education No school leaving certificate is legally required to be a fire fighter. However, in the past most trainees with a secondary school diploma or (technical) Abitur were hired, as the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) has surveyed.

Requirement for the Civil servant training in middle service is usually at least one secondary school leaving certificate in connection with completed vocational training in a related subject. However, some federal states also accept applicants without training if they can demonstrate an intermediate level of education.

To get started with the Civil servant training in the higher service A bachelor's degree or an equivalent university degree in a technical, scientific or other subject suitable for fire-fighting services is required.

Further requirements

Depending on the federal state or the recruiting authority, further entry requirements apply to civil servant training. This includes proof of the required health suitability for fire-fighting services, e.g. suitability for respiratory protection. In addition, you must have a class B driving license and often the German youth swimming badge in bronze. Some federal states have also introduced a minimum age limit.

For one Fire brigade training with the German Armed Forces you also need to bring the following with you:

  • German citizenship in accordance with Article 116 of the Basic Law
  • Unrestricted willingness to transfer
  • Willingness to take part in Bundeswehr missions abroad
  • Maximum age: 39 years
  • Medical proof of fitness for driving