What happened to Cadbury Crunchie Nuggets
Cadbury Crunchie is a popular candy bar in South Africa and was a personal favorite in my previous vegan days.
So I was pleased that the honeycomb crunchie center is a breeze!
And it's already vegan!
All you need is to cover the honeycomb crunchie part with vegan dark chocolate and you have a fabulous vegan treat!
For this recipe, a candy thermometer is a good idea because you need to measure the exact time you can remove the pan and stir in the baking soda at 300 degrees Fahrenheit!
You also need to be a little careful when doing this (well, if you're doing something that involves really high heat) because cooking sugar is a bit dangerous.
And then ... when you add the baking soda, which is the magical ingredient that turns that melted sugar into crunchie, the whole mixture will lather up and pretty much tripled.
So doing this in a fairly deep pot is a good idea.
Parchment paper is another must-have. To have everything done before you even start this recipe.
This may sound daunting, but that's really just because of the speed at which it all happens when you make honeycomb crunchies!
It is actually quite simple.
Just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes and the honeycomb part is ready.
Then all you have to do is let it cool, break it into pieces and roll it in melted chocolate. And really ... it's just fun!
Ten minutes in the fridge after rolling up melted chocolate, you have the delightful chocolate crunchie goodies that you see before you!
You will love these homemade vegan Cadbury crunchie bars! You are:
- 5 ingredients
- Covered with chocolate
- Melt-in-the-mouth delicious!
Keep them chilled or the chocolate may melt a little. Enjoy a snack or a treat anytime!
If you do try this recipe, please let us know how to do it in the comments! Please also leave a review as this is so helpful!
For more delicious chocolate recipes, check out the following recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Bars (aka Bounty Bars)
- Vegan Snickers Bars
- Sea salt chocolate peanut clusters
- Oreo truffle
Subscribe to our email list while you are here. Receive a free recipe e-book and stay up to date with all of our latest recipe posts.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 min
- Yield: 14 large crunchies
Chocolate Covered Honeycomb Crunchie Bars - Based on the Cadbury Crunchie Chocolate Bar, these gorgeous chocolate treats contain only 6 ingredients and are gluten-free, vegan and fabulously good!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (123g) golden syrup (or under a light syrup)
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
- 1 + 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 7 oz (200 g) vegan dark chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place it next to the stove.
- Put the full amount of baking soda in a bowl near the stove so that everything can be tossed in at the right time.
- Put the golden syrup, sugar and water in a saucepan and turn up the heat.
- Stir all the time, let the sugar melt thoroughly and bubble away.
- Using a candy thermometer, wait for the bubbly mixture to reach 300 degrees Fahrenheit and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- Immediately throw in all of the baking soda and use a whisk to quickly beat the baking soda in.
- Be careful as the mixture will double or triple. So be careful not to burn yourself.
- Pour the mixture on the parchment paper and let it stand. Do not try to flatten it or touch it with anything.
- Let it harden and cool for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it on the bottom in a heat-resistant bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Or, put it in the microwave at 30-second intervals and stir every 30 seconds until it melts.
- Use a fork to roll the honeycomb crunchie pieces into the chocolate, flip and flip them over. Then place the chocolate-covered pieces back on the parchment paper.
- Put the tray with the chocolate-covered pieces in the refrigerator and let the chocolate harden.
- And your honeycomb crunchies are ready to eat!
- For best results, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Cooked: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serving size:1 bar (of 14)
- Sodium:166 mg
- Saturated fatty acids:4g
- Protein:1.4 g
Did you make this recipe
Tag on Instagram and hashtag
You might like it too
- Siddique Akbar Masjid Nagan Chowrangi Karachi
- Like many First Nation bands in Canada
- How to hang ready-made exterior siding materials
- How to plant plantain in Nigeria
- Dfo how to get rare avatars for free
- How many takbeer in namaz e janaza
- Johan Hegg how tall is Michelle
- When was Charles Koch born
- What does value mean before the accident
- How to teach listening to pdf
- Howa 1500 rcs ii
- What is the exposure value in photography
- How did Duane Mayer die in 2016
- Marek kaniuka wschowa starostwo
- What does love of fate mean what
- How to search in typical
- How to get caught black wow
- Mesne landlord rights with the tenant
- How are bruxzir crowns made from wheat
- Minecraft tekkit how to use macerator
- Sharon sorbet whole foods
- Kerbal space program, how to transfer fuel
- Who is the next Paris fashion 2016
- Reflect what you admire meaning in Hindi