I do scholarships how to bill
CV for the scholarship application
Writing a good résumé isn't particularly difficult. It is important to be precise and to adhere to some basic principles. Make sure you also work consistently. We have put together the most important points on this topic for you.
The form of the resume
A curriculum vitae in tabular form should not be longer than two pages, as the individual application is usually only devoted to a few minutes during the pre-selection process. The most important thing must therefore stand out when flying over it.
To achieve this, it is important that the resume is clearly structured and well formatted. In principle, applicants should refrain from using any color other than black. Times New Roman or Arial should be used as the font. Other fonts can quickly create a dubious impression.
For some scholarships, a detailed résumé or a handwritten résumé may be requested instead of the tabular résumé. Here you have to pay particular attention to the foundation's own requirements.
The best chances of getting a scholarship
If you want to maximize your chances of getting a scholarship, we recommend this e-book on how to apply for a scholarship. The book includes various sample CVs - in tabular and formulated form - for scholarship applications, formulation aids and deals with typical errors.
The photo on the resume
The application photo also makes an important contribution to the first impression. As a rule, it should be placed at the top right of the first page of the tabular curriculum vitae. If a cover sheet is attached to the résumé, the photo should be placed on it. It is important that the photo is about the size of a passport photo. A photo that is too small would be difficult to recognize for the viewer, while a photo that is too large puts the external appearance too much in the foreground and distracts strongly from the actual qualification.
Applicants should make a friendly yet confident impression in the photo. Private recordings should generally not be used. A professional resume in tabular form should always include a photo from a professional photo studio.
You should consider the following points for a professional application photo:
- dress: You want to give a serious impression. In addition, you should wear business clothes in the photo, i. H. a suit jacket and a shirt or blouse. Men should wear a tie with it. Discreet jewelry that goes with a jacket can look quite elegant on women. However, too much jewelry looks dubious.
- format: The photo should extend from just above the head to below the collarbone. Other formats are not common for applications.
- Facial expression: It is important to look directly into the camera and thus also to the viewer. This creates a confident and open-minded impression. A smile appears sympathetic and interested.
The structure of the curriculum vitae
Basically, you should avoid gaps in your résumé. If you still cannot avoid weaknesses such as gaps, bad grades in the certificates and a long study period in the résumé, you should be able to explain them well. Because otherwise this is quickly interpreted as a lack of determination and unreliability.
The list of the stations in the tabular curriculum vitae is now done backwards chronologically, i. H. the last stations are listed first. The simple reason for this is that newer information about yourself is usually much more relevant than events that happened a long time ago. The period should be listed on the left and the station on the right.
You should also make sure that your resume in tabular form is tailored to the respective foundation or other institution to which you are applying. You can do this, for example, by highlighting stations that are of particular relevance for a certain funding institution. You can also go into sub-items to explain this station in more detail. In any case, you should formulate a new curriculum vitae for each foundation and under no circumstances simply send a copy of the application documents to several people!
In our experience, the structure mentioned here has proven itself very well so far and also corresponds to what foundations are used to when reading résumés:
- Information about yourself: Here you should give your address, telephone number, email address and your date of birth. Possible but not mandatory information is the marital status, nationality, denomination, the number of siblings and the professions of the parents.
- training: Here you should mention the university you are studying at and the school where you graduated from high school. If you have already completed a study visit abroad, you should also place it here. Likewise, a student exchange. Brief explanations of the various stations are helpful. For example, you can name your main subjects at university or grades. We recommend that you only mention grades explicitly here if they are at least good.
- Internships / work experience: This category includes your work experience, professional training (s), internships and student jobs. Here, too, you should add brief explanations of your activities.
- foreign languages: This category is used to name your language skills and your level of knowledge in the respective language. As a rule, the terms “basic knowledge”, “fluent in spoken and written”, “business fluent” and “native language” are used to assess the level of knowledge. Exaggerating language skills too much can have disadvantages, especially if they are put to the test in a selection interview after the written preselection.
- Computer knowledge: Here you should first note your level of knowledge in the standard Office applications. Further knowledge in other programs should also be taken into account here.
- Extra-curricular activities and awards: It is beneficial if you have something to offer here. If you even have numerous extra-curricular activities and awards, it is advisable to split this category. Extra-curricular activities include any involvement in the university sector or in a charitable or political environment. Training to become a trainer or teacher can also be mentioned here. Awards include grants and awards. Also z. B. Prices at ski races can be mentioned here; because this type of price also shows determination for examiners.
- Hobbies: At this point you should highlight hobbies that are as interesting as possible. Hobbies that allow direct positive conclusions about yourself are particularly welcome. Because hobbies indicate, for example, particular ambition, intellectual curiosity or the ability to work in a team. You should also concentrate on a few but interesting hobbies instead of simply listing a long list of sometimes mundane leisure activities.
- What are different types of weather instruments
- Cabanon awaya 440 binding instructions
- Dr. Chan Leung Leo Howard
- What happened to Margaret Hendrick's son Charles
- What is the pH of almond milk
- Who were the sons of Freedom Apex
- How to breed cattleya walkeriana en
- Who is Maria Tinney Dagit
- WhatsApp Chat API PHP
- Israeli M50 155mm self-propelled howitzer
- Luchowo malwa wesela strazackie
- Teste di animali in cartapesta how to
- Smw how to insert custom sprites moon
- Muerrisch how the gypsy was born chords
- Amphawa floating market how to get there
- How to only print emails in Yahoo!
- How do you dry sand quickly locations
- C2 WhatsApp Mobile9 e-books
- Gayaman dissanayake what is art
- Rapapam Farruko Flowhot Reggaeton
- What does the word Kripa mean
- Aerox App Walkthrough what kind of drawing is that
- How are jewelweed seeds distributed by force
- What is the thinnest animal in the world doing