Turn left as you walk
§ 9, 9a StVO (turning, turning, reversing)
Danger! A new StVO amendment is to come into force by late summer 2021. In addition to new offenses, this also provides for an increase in fines. More here:
Turning, turning, reversing
- The most common causes of accidents
Most people think of accidents primarily as excessive speed as the cause. In fact, mistakes when turning, turning or reversing lead to an accident particularly quickly. Together with violations when driving in and driving off (§ 10 StVO), such violations are the number one cause of accidents in Germany. According to the Federal Statistical Office, a total of more than 10 percent of accidents can be traced back to corresponding misconduct.
Fines and points according to § 9 StVO
Fine calculator: turning (§ 9 StVO)
Catalog of fines § 9 StVO: turning, turning and reversing (§ 9 StVO)
|TBNR||Offense||Penalty (€)||Points||Driving ban|
|109100||They turned without announcing the change of direction clearly and in good time.||10|
|109101||They turned without announcing the change of direction clearly and in good time, so that a following vehicle was endangered.||30|
|109102||They turned without announcing the change of direction clearly and in good time. There was an accident.||35|
|109106||They turned left / right without having properly arranged themselves beforehand.||10|
|109107||They turned left / right without having properly classified themselves beforehand and thereby endangered others.||30|
|109108||They turned left / right without having properly arranged themselves beforehand. There was an accident.||35|
|109112||They turned left / right without paying attention to the following traffic||10|
|109113||They turned left / right without paying attention to the following traffic and thereby endangered others.||30|
|109114||They turned left / right without paying attention to the following traffic. There was an accident.||35|
|109118||They lined up on the rails to the left, thereby obstructing a rail vehicle.||10|
|109136||You turned off without letting an oncoming vehicle / driving in the same direction pass through.||20|
|109142||You turned off without letting a user of the special lane (sign 245) continue driving straight ahead in the same direction.||20|
|109148||As a left turn you did not turn before the oncoming left turn, although this was possible.||10|
|109172||You turned left as a left turn without letting the oncoming right turn go through.||20|
|109600||You turned off without letting an oncoming vehicle / driving in the same direction pass through and thereby endangered others.||70||1|
|109601||You turned without letting an oncoming vehicle / driving in the same direction pass through. There was an accident.||85||1|
|109606||You turned off without letting a user of the special lane (sign 245) driving straight ahead in the oncoming / same direction drive through and thereby endangered others.||70||1|
|109607||You turned off without letting a user of the special lane (sign 245) continue driving straight ahead in the oncoming / same direction. There was an accident.||85||1|
|109612||You turned off without letting a cyclist going straight ahead in the same direction pass through and thereby endangered others.||70||1|
|109613||You turned off without letting a cyclist going straight ahead in the oncoming / same direction pass through. There was an accident.||85||1|
|109618||They turned off without letting a bicycle with an auxiliary motor continue driving straight ahead in the same direction and thereby endangered others.||70||1|
|109619||You turned off without letting a bike with an auxiliary motor go straight ahead in the oncoming / same direction. There was an accident.||85||1|
|109624||They turned without paying special attention to pedestrians and endangered them.||70||1|
|109625||They turned without paying special attention to pedestrians. There was an accident.||85||1|
|109630||As a left turn you did not turn before the oncoming left turn, although this was possible and thereby endangered others.||70||1|
|109631||As a left turn you did not turn before the oncoming left turn, although this was possible. There was an accident.||85||1|
|109636||You turned into the property, disregarding the special care you were required to take and thereby endangering others.||80||1|
|109637||You turned into the property, neglecting the extra caution that you were responsible for. There was an accident.||100||1|
|109642||You turned around in the street, neglecting the special care you were required to take and thereby endangering others.||80||1|
|109643||You turned around in the street, neglecting the extra caution you were required to take. There was an accident.||100||1|
|109648||When reversing, you disregarded the extra caution that you are responsible for and thereby endangered others.||80||1|
|109649||When reversing, you neglected to exercise your special care. There was an accident.||100||1|
|109654||You turned left as a left turn without letting the oncoming right turn through and thereby endangered others.||70||1|
|109655||You turned left as a left turn without letting the oncoming right turn pass through. There was an accident.||85||1|
|109177||As cyclists crossing the lane after an intersection or junction, they did not pay attention to vehicle traffic.||15|
|109178||As cyclists crossing the lane after an intersection or junction, they did not pay attention to vehicle traffic. You thereby hindered others.||20|
|109179||As cyclists crossing the lane after an intersection or junction, they did not pay attention to vehicle traffic. By doing so, you endangered others.||25|
|109180||As cyclists crossing the lane after an intersection or a junction, they did not pay attention to vehicle traffic. There was an accident.||30|
|109183||As a cyclist, you turned left without following the cycle route in the intersection or junction area.||15|
|109184||As a cyclist, you turned left without following the cycle route in the intersection or junction area. You thereby hindered others.||20|
|109185||As a cyclist, you turned left without following the cycle route in the intersection or junction area. By doing so, you endangered others.||25|
|109186||As a cyclist, you turned left without following the cycle route in the intersection or junction area. There was an accident.||30|
FAQ: turning, turning, reversing
We have created a small guide for you here for a correct turning process.
Yes, more precisely, there is no fine, but a warning fee of 10 euros.
Yes, a direction indicator is to be used on a bend in the priority road even if you are following the course of the road.
“If you want to turn, you have to announce this clearly and in good time; the direction indicators are to be used. " (§ 10 Paragraph 1 StVO)
Main reason for the high risk of accidents when turning, turning or reversing? The non-set turn signal or direction indicator. According to the StVO, the blinker must always be set before the driver wants to turn the car or change lanes. But regardless of whether intentionally or accidentally - drivers keep turning off the flashing light and thus cause confusion among other road users or, in the worst case, even an accident.
Many people forget to announce the change of the direction of travel in good time. Some even do this with intent. For other road users it is then not apparent that the other person wants to turn somewhere. Rear-end collisions are usually the result. A change in direction of travel that is not indicated in time and that results in an accident will be punished by the StVO with 35 euros.
Another wrongdoing that against § 10 StVO for turning, turning and reversing violates is simply Carelessness. Every driver has learned the correct procedure when turning, turning or reversing in the driving school. First a look at the Rearview mirror, then into the Side mirror ultimately followed by Look over the shoulder.
Only when this procedure ensures that that neither pedestrians, cyclists nor other road users can be hindered or endangered, applies: set indicators, ensure by looking over the shoulder that there are no obstacles or road users in the blind spot, steer and turn carefully.
Flashing is also mandatory in this case if you follow the priority road. However, if you want to continue straight ahead and leave the main road that is turning, you do not have to use the indicator to indicate this to the following traffic.
It is also important to ensure that you are not allowed to turn into every street at will. One way streets You must not drive in the wrong direction, which is what the “No entry” sign (white bar on a red background) is supposed to guarantee. Directional information through signs with a white arrow on a blue background can also prohibit turning or U-turns: If the arrow at a traffic light points straight ahead and left, you may turn or drive in these directions - turning right is therefore prohibited. Multi-lane turns are also possible if, in addition to the left-turn lane, a left turn is also permitted from a straight lane through lane markings.
How to turn correctly:
- classify correctly in good time: If you want to turn right, you have to get as far to the right as possible. For those turning left, they should be in the left-hand lane permitted for their direction of travel. The indicator must also be activated in good time when changing lanes.
- Reduce driving speed: Before turning, drivers must hold if necessaryin order to be able to see the situation better - this applies anyway at turning traffic lights. If the route is very busy, you should use the Turn signals already now to warn the following traffic.
- View in the rearview mirror / inside mirror: Watch the traffic behind you and, if necessary, also show cyclists in the rear-view mirror who are driving in your direction on the road.
- Look into the exterior mirror (s): If you want to turn right, look primarily in the right-hand side mirror; for turning left, you should primarily use the side mirror on the driver's side. Especially Cyclists can thus be recognized in good time.
- Set indicators: You should now turn on the indicator at the latest. The indicator must also be set at traffic lights when you are in the corresponding turning lane.
- Over the shoulder look: The purpose of looking over the shoulder is to see the blind spot that cannot be seen through the mirror. Especially Cyclists and pedestrians are to be observed here. These road users usually have priority. Especially when turning at traffic lights, the crossing sidewalk stream to be observed, as this usually has priority with a green light signal.
- To steer: Only after you have made sure that does not obstruct or endanger other road users are allowed to turn slowly into the road and complete the turning process.
Although just because of mistakes when turning, turning and reversing most property damage and personal injury caused: The penalties for violating § 10 StVO are sometimes relatively low. The cause of an accident as a result of an incorrectly performed turning maneuver or when reversing can lead to a fine of 100 euros and one point in Flensburg.
According to the StVO, who has the right of way when turning? (§ 10 Paragraph 3 StVO)
- Bicycles (including motorized ones), even if they are on or off the lane in the same direction
- oncoming vehicles (turn in front of each other if necessary)
- Rail vehicles
- City buses and other vehicles on special lanes
There are generally Traffic areas in which turning and reversing is strictly prohibited. These include in particular the federal motorways. Since the directional lanes are separated from each other by the median, that would U-turns on the highway the driver in the turning car to the Wrong-way drivers do - so it is leading in the wrong direction. The dangerous situation that is raised can hardly be assessed by anyone involved.
If you miss your exit, you are not allowed to drive back to it on the hard shoulder. Reversing on the motorway is also prohibited due to the increased risk of accidents. In such a case, take the next exit!
Especially with Reversing a truck applies increased vigilance. Besides the overall dimensions of the vehicles, the blind spot is also larger. Obstacles, vehicles and especially cyclists and pedestrians are therefore for truck drivers easier to miss. These road users shouldn't just rely on being seen by everyone else, they should act with foresight yourself.
In the case of trucks, there is also a Warning signal dutythat sounds when the truck is reversing. This acoustic signal should also ensure that passers-by and cyclists are made aware of the process and warned, especially directly behind the vehicle. In addition, the use of the Hazard warning lights required so that the following traffic is made aware of the need to reset the vehicle.
Caution is also advised when Reversing with a trailer: Whether with a caravan or a small trailer - you should be particularly careful when reversing. The trailer may react differently than expected - for example drifting in one direction. The view to the rear and to the side is also often restricted.
With extensions for the side mirrors, at least the enlarged blind spot can be seen better.However, this does not replace a look over the shoulder! Maneuvering and reversing with a trailer is a particular challenge for truck drivers and requires practice and increased attention.
- Great pictures for whatsapp dpz
- Ikariam how to build a pirate fortress
- How to get runic landscape climbing shoes
- How to seal Lexan boat windows
- What does spoettischer mouth mean?
- How to align paragraphs horizontally in Word
- How to align the HP F4400 printer
- How to make cardboard armor
- How to Make a Homemade Manual Scoreboard
- Dropped my cake when hearts scored cylinders
- How to make a villager spawn 1.5.1
- How big are you quintet names made of brass
- What is a complete roller coaster
- What is Ematonil Plus
- What is a Weegy subduction zone
- Gasti whatsapp no data
- Princo CD-RW Discs, How To Use
- How to root huawei g525-u003d 4.1.2
- How to hack fb account through phishing
- How to watch eurosport online
- What does variance mean to mean ratio
- What happened to Andrew Icky Rosborough
- How to remove experience orbs in Minecraft
- 18 nowhere to live
- Using the override string in C #
- Kerser was texting nowhere
- How To Prepare Sambar For Dosa Restaurant
- Where are DBX bikes made of aluminum
- What does Isa Lei Lia mean
- How to host foreign guests on ellen
- What does conference date mean
- How to sign up without a phone number
- Magool shimbiryahow ma duushaa texts after uptown
- Breitstand measurement without a multimeter how to use it