How to get shiro fit
Firfir is another one of my new favorites. It is an excellent way to use leftover injera that is past its prime but still edible.
3 ounces tomato paste (it comes in 6 oz cans, so 1/2 can)
3-4 pieces injera, torn into pieces
1-2 jalapenos or other hot green peppers, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
** See notes at the bottom **
Cook the onions for several minutes until they start to soften and turn translucent. Add the oil. When the oil is hot add the berbere and stir. After a few minutes, add the tomato paste and cook for several more minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, ginger, and a bit of salt, and cook on low-medium heat until the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked. Add the water and bring to a simmer. It should look like a really thick tomato soup at this point. Add the injera and stir, gently chopping the injera as you mix it in. Continue cooking until the injera has absorbed all of the liquid. Top it off with jalapenos and enjoy!
** This can be made without the fresh tomatoes if you don’t have them. The amount of water you use will depend on the amount of injera you use. Less injera -> less water. As always, the amount of ginger and garlic is undefined. I would guess that I use maybe 2-3 tsp. of minced ginger and the equivalent of four or five cloves of garlic. You could substitute powdered ginger if you don’t have fresh on hand. The one thing I really wouldn't try to do is use a fake (as in quickie, non-sourdough) injera for the recipe. As injera is the main ingredient, the lack of the sourdough taste would ruin it for me (but that's just my opinion).
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged Ethiopian recipes. Bookmark the permalink.
- Wdechowe ustawienie klatki piersiowej
- Wholesale clothing USA distributors Lebanon
- How to Hack Someone forums Netflix
- Pressure in the cooler cap at Kaelte
- Minimec Injector Pump How To Time
- Meaning of whenua tapu
- Lirik lagu dyhow sekeras batu dhyo
- Lg lp1213gxr spits out water, how to fix it
- How to merge polls on poll monkeys
- Ubuntu backup programs for entire hard drives
- Brunius och larsson who wrote
- What is Italy known for in fashion?
- Hyperscale Storage How big is the market
- How to Make Breakbeats in Garageband Software
- Use of httpservletrequest get body
- Geordie slang howie tag
- Alpaca evolution how to get all the endings
- What is kuchay in english
- What does the human barbie eat
- Wall bracket for the whole house exhaust fan
- Who plays Penny Pibbets Wikipedia
- Ikariam how to build a pirate fortress
- How to restart the computer using the cmd prompt
- What does where do you live mean