Governor salary in the Philippines as it cost
A severe weather disaster cost the lives of more than 180 people in the Philippines. In numerous districts, after days of pouring rain, devastating earth and debris avalanches fell down the slopes and buried dozens of houses and their residents. At the same time, thousands of people waited on the roofs of their houses because streets and villages were flooded. Most of the helpers lacked helicopters.
"We have enough food for the victims, but we don't know how to get them from their flooded homes to the reception centers," said Pangasinan Province Governor Amado Espino. The landslide in La Trinidad 210 kilometers north of the capital Manila was particularly serious. There, at dawn on Friday, a slope slid down and buried 32 houses under a meter-high layer of earth.
At least 70 people were killed there, reported Benguet Province Governor Nestor Fongwan. "People were sleeping and couldn't save themselves," he said. Villagers have to search for the victims with shovels and picks because the completely sodden soil is too unstable for heavy equipment.
You can find more videos here
At least 100 people were killed in numerous other landslides in Abatan, Baguio, Mankayan, Bugias, Tublay and Sablan. "The number of victims will rise because these landslides were huge," said police chief Loreto Espinili. Eleven people were killed in floods and accidents. According to the authorities, at least 20 villages were under water.
Rescue teams had difficulty fighting their way to the trapped people. Roads were flooded or blocked by mudslides and washed away vehicles and trees. The rivers had swelled into raging currents by the masses of water, and the current was too strong for small motorboats.
In Pangasinan Province, US soldiers helped care for the victims. Tropical storm Parma had hung almost motionless over the region for days. It poured continuously. Streets and fields were flooded everywhere, the rivers swelled. "The floods are devastating, in some places almost the entire villages are under water," said police spokesman Ramon Gatan. The water rose even further when authorities drained water from five reservoirs because dams threatened to break. The storm hit the northern Philippines last Saturday with a typhoon force. It moved slowly towards the South China Sea on Friday.
A million children are affected
According to environmentalists, among other things, the massive deforestation is causing soils that were previously held by roots to slide in heavy rain. Elsewhere, new settlements are being built on slopes that are not adequately secured. According to the children's aid organization Unicef, one million children have been affected by the storms of the past two weeks in the Philippines. The biggest dangers are now diarrhea, pneumonia and infectious diseases, said the organization in Cologne. There are also skin diseases and malaria.
Parma had already killed at least 25 people on the weekend. This was preceded by a tropical storm a week earlier Ketsanawhich caused the worst flooding in 40 years in and around Manila. More than 330 people were killed as a result, and 300,000 were still in emergency shelters on Friday.
- How to fix magnepan speakers mmg
- How to make gerrys grill sisig recipe
- Baby salamander means something
- Doctor who face the opening credits
- Pixton how to change clothes in roblox
- How to Make Pottukadalai Baelle
- What is ambon in english
- How much is a quarter of 1787 worth
- Scottish 80s bands where are they now
- Referencing the Arcgis base map level
- Daz3d african elephant howdah mechanical bench
- Kiser pease where the lilies bloom
- What is the name of Yakut Stone in English
- How to finalize imovie 10.0
- Whodunit Lyrics Adam Hicks and Coco Jones
- How to reverse the union order in Autocad
- Automate Android WhatsApp application
- Cellcard 10k is how many miles
- In what вЂ ‹вЂ‹ year did Fauvism begin?
- Zello android como funciona whatsapp
- What does Allah Ykhalik girl mean
- How to do a pop-up writing contest
- Stormproof USA tents instructions on how to tie
- How to do the dougie wikihow minecraft