How to clean varnished pine skirting boards
Paint lacquered wood without removing it
Cleaning and correct color type
If an old chest of drawers is painted, it can be done in good condition without sanding. However, the fresh paint must be compatible with the surface in order to prevent the old paint from loosening.
In order to paint a chest of drawers, it must be cleaned of grease. The following cleaning agents are suitable without affecting the old paint:
- White spirit
- Washing-up liquid
After dismantling all fittings, the surfaces are thoroughly wiped several times with a cotton cloth dipped in the cleaning solution. The use of a microfiber cloth is not recommended due to its scratchy effect. After cleaning, the surfaces must dry out completely.
Notes and tips
With chalk paint, furniture can easily be given the so-called shabby look. If a light color or white is being painted, a layer of undercoat can help prevent shadows from forming later.
It is not necessary to sand the old paint. Special adhesion promoters or undercoats ensure sufficient hold. Glazes cannot be used on painted wooden surfaces. Acrylic paints based on water are best. If a seal made of transparent protective varnish is to be applied, the dried top layer is lightly sanded with 400 grit.
A wooden staircase can also be painted without first sanding it down. Here, however, an abrasion-resistant special stair varnish should be used.
To test the compatibility of the new paint with the old paint, a palm-sized sample is applied and allowed to dry. If the result is not satisfactory, a different color type is recommended.
If the old paint has peeled off or blisters, the damaged areas must be sanded off at least locally. Heating with a heat gun and scraping with a spatula is also possible. A paint stripper should only be used if a complete removal is in progress. Locally applied stain "plants" itself by being drawn into the wood and can later dissolve the newly applied color from below.
The painting must be carried out as quickly as possible so that the fresh paint does not "stick" to the smooth painted surface. The pot life given by the paint manufacturers serves as a guide. For larger objects and surfaces, elements such as cabinet doors and side walls should be painted individually and from top to bottom.
- Kainat Baloch Lashari Howell
- How to embroider on a crochet basket
- When is the modifier 90 used?
- Dog bites me while cutting nails cartoon
- Openvas greenbone how to stroke it
- How to take Methergine after an abortion
- What does swbo 101 mean?
- How to cook fumbwa
- Ego Twist battery wholesale Monroe
- What is called Sevanthi flower in English
- Chain chronicle, how to evolve
- Connect the Silverstripe Datalist to the left with the where clause
- How to draw apollo 13
- What does dominic mean in other languages
- Qh4 what is radiation damage
- Les disparus de boutiers wikihow
- Obra allows how many test attempts
- Where the heart is 2000 currents
- How many cigarettes smoked
- Somewhere in Brooklyn, the Brittana fan fiction has ended
- What are Midon tablets used for?
- Smw how to insert custom sprites moon
- Where was Omar Ishrak born
- What are the two types of seeds