Cedric Lamont Crum how he died
- "Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come, when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- - Albus Dumbledore's eulogy to Cedric[src]
Cedric Diggory (September / October, 1977 - 24 June, 1995) was a Britishwizard who was the son of Amos Diggory and his wife. He started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1989, and was sorted into the Hufflepuff House. During his time at school he was a prefect and captained the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, playing as Seeker. In his sixth year Cedric put his name forward to compete in the Triwizard Tournament.
He was selected as the Hogwarts Triwizard Champion and, although overshadowed in the press by the entry of Harry Potter, Cedric enjoyed almost overwhelming support from the student body, and after the first two tasks, tied with Harry for first place. Cedric and Harry completed the Third Task together. Both took hold of the Triwizard Cup, which transported them to the Little Hangleton graveyard. In the graveyard, Cedric was murdered by Peter Pettigrew with the Killing Curse, on the order of Lord Voldemort.
During the following duel between Harry and Voldemort, Cedric's echo reappeared during Priori Incantatem, and helped the echoes of Harry's parents, Bertha Jorkins, and Frank Bryce hold off Voldemort long enough for him to escape. His only request was for Harry to take his body back to his parents, which Harry honored.
In 2020, Diggory's participation in the Triwizard Tournament and subsequent death was the subject of Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy's time-travel antics at the request of Amos. They sought to save Cedric and created an alternate timeline where Cedric survived and became part of the Death Eaters, because of the humiliation they caused him when they tried to save his life. Cedric's original and heroic life and death was later restored.
Early life (1977-1989)
Cedric was born in either September or October of 1977, to Amos Diggory and his wife. He grew up near Ottery St Catchpole, a small town located in Devon, England. When he was seven years old, his father enjoyed bragging about him.
Hogwarts years (1989-1995)
- "I said to him, I said - Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will ... you beat Harry Potter!"
- - Amos Diggory bragging about Cedric[src]
Cedric started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on September 1, 1989 and was Sorted into Hufflepuff House. Soon after starting Hogwarts, Cedric became a popular student at the school, and people talked about him constantly.
He was present when Madam Pomfrey was petrified, and recounted the event to Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Jacob's sibling, and Penny Haywood.
After the Circle of Khanna was founded, Cedric's friend Ben Copper, one of the founders of the group, invited him to join. Cedric spent much of his time in the group training dueling with Ben and Diego Caplan. One time during training, his arm was broken as a result of Ben casting a spell Cedric was not expecting, and he had to be sent to the Hospital Wing. He was soon healed by Chiara Lobosca.
He distinguished himself as both an academic and an athletic student. At some point, he became Seeker of his house's Quidditch team.
- "Harry looked wildly around. Cedric Diggory was pelting up the field, and a tiny speck of gold was shimmering in the rain filled air between them ..."
- - Cedric Diggory playing Quidditch in his fifth year[src]
In 1993, Cedric became a Prefect and Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. On November 7th, he led his team against Gryffindor in the first match of the school year. Originally, the match should have taken place between Gryffindor and Slytherin, but Draco Malfoy played on the fact that his arm had been injured by the hippogriff Buckbeak to get out of playing in stormy conditions. During the match, Cedric and Harry Potter contested the Golden Snitch. However, Harry was overcome by the presence of Dementors and fell from his broom. Cedric caught the Snitch, but as soon as he realized what had happened to Harry, he immediately offered to replay the match. Oliver Wood said to have declined the offer, feeling that Cedric had won the match fair and square.
When Harry got back his Firebolt broomstick, Cedric was among those who congratulated Harry on his ownership of the broomstick.
Sixth year and death
- "The Hogwarts Champion, is Cedric Diggory!"
- - Albus Dumbledore announcing Cedric as a the Hogwarts Champion[src]
In the summer of 1994, Cedric attended the Quidditch World Cup with his father, traveling to the game with the Weasleys, Harry Potter, and Hermione Granger as he and his father lived close to the Burrow.
Cedric started his sixth year in September 1994, the same year that the Triwizard Tournament was reinstated. Being of age, Cedric submitted his name to the Goblet of Fire for the chance to become the Hogwarts Champion. On October 31, the Goblet chose the champions to represent the three schools; Fleur Delacour for Beauxbatons, Viktor Krum for Durmstrang, and Cedric himself for Hogwarts.
Cedric joined the other champions in a small room off the Great Hall, and was surprised to learn that after he had left the Hall, the Goblet had produced a fourth name - Harry Potter. Harry claimed that he did not cheat and put his name in, and while no-one thought he was telling the truth, Cedric was kind to Harry. Cedric later asked Harry how he managed to cheat, and Harry again told him that he never cheated. Though Harry felt Cedric did not believe him, he remained kind and appeared to be okay with what Harry was telling him.
- Ollivander: "Ah, now, this is one of mine, isn't it? Yes, I remember it well. Containing a single hair from the tail of a particularly fine male unicorn ... must have been seventeen hands; nearly gored me with his horn after I plucked his tail. Twelve and a quarter inches ... ash .. pleasantly springy. It's in fine condition .... You treat it regularly?"
- Cedric Diggory: "Polished it last night."
- - Cedric having Mr Ollivander examine his wand[src]
In the weeks that followed his selection, Cedric was supported by the majority of the school, even the Slytherins. Enchanted badges became popular around the school that read Support CEDRIC DIGGORY - the REAL Hogwarts Champion!, then changed to read POTTER STINKS. Cedric, however, was not fund of the badges and asked his friends not to wear them. As part of the Tournament, Cedric took part in the Wand weighing ceremony conducted by Garrick Ollivander, who deemed his wand "pleasantly springy", and posed for photos for the Daily Prophet. However, his entry into the Tournament was completely overlooked by Rita Skeeter's article on the event in favor of Harry, a situation about which his father was most displeased.
- Harry Potter: "Cedric, the first task is Dragons."
- Cedric Diggory: "What?"
- Harry Potter: "Dragons. They've got four, one for each of us, and we've got to get past them"
- Cedric Diggory: "Are you sure?"
- Harry Potter: "Dead sure. I've seen them."
- Cedric Diggory: "But how did you find out? We're not supposed to know ..."
- - Harry informing Cedric about the first task[src]
In the months before to the First Task, Cedric was informed by Harry that the first task was to get past a dragon. Cedric was the only Champion not to be aware of them, and Harry felt it was only fair to tell him so everyone would be on an even footing.
On November 24, the Champions gathered and randomly selected miniature versions of a dragon with a number on them to indicate the order in which they would face them. Cedric drew the Swedish Short-Snout and the number one slot, so entered the arena first to attempt to retrieve the golden egg it was guarding. Facing the dragon, Cedric transfigured
- How old is Jayceon Taylor's wife
- How does smirnoff passion fruit taste
- What is Stilpane tablets
- Former Yugoslavia like many countries in the south
- How Apple revolutionized our world news week
- Parfianka pomegranate where to plant
- Who Got Eddplant Abuse Tracker
- How to change the BIOS disk controller BIOS
- How many meters in 1 degree length
- How to overcome the invincible glitch insatiable
- How to apply white cement on the roof
- What is a two-phase half-wave rectifier circuit
- What is mistakenly omitted means Hindi
- Avx1b4's instructions on how to play
- Saffron 1 kg is how many grams
- How to start a blog or forum
- Tropiciele duchow platos cupboard
- What does hunt for charter box mean
- Whatsapp da zueira photos de caballos
- Gaviscon Commercial, what a feeling Flashdance
- When I need you text terjemahan
- Imperial blonde clone of the Glacier Brewery
- How to make inner window dams
- How to Identify Original Ajwa Data