How to dance the Greek kalamatiano
The adjective πολύς (dt. A lot)
This chapter deals with an adjective that is different from the others:
The forms of the adjective "πολύς" (Eng. A lot) are very irregular. Especially the feminine form of this adjective is out of line.
We recommend that you work through this chapter carefully, as this adjective occurs frequently.
|The forms of the adjective "πολύς" (Eng. A lot) in the singular|
|Nominative||πολύς καφές||lots of coffee|
|Genitive||πολύ καφέ||lots of coffees|
|accusative||πολύ καφέ||lots of coffee|
And here the plural forms of the male adjective follow immediately. As a little rule you can remember:
In the plural, the adjective "πολύς" gets an additional "λ“!
|The forms of the adjective "πολύς" (Eng. A lot) in the plural|
|Nominative||πολοίκαφέδες||lots of coffees|
|Genitive||πολών καφέδων||many coffees|
|accusative||πολούς καφέδες||lots of coffees|
The feminine adjective "many" (Gr. Πολλή) is inflected in Greek, like the feminine adjectives of the 1st class. As a rule, you can remember:
The feminine adjective "many" is given both in the singular and in the plural two „λ“!
Take a good look at these tables with examples and try to remember the examples!
|The forms of the adjective "πολλή" (Eng. Many) in the singular|
|Nominative||η ποή κίνηση||much traffic|
|Genitive||της ποής κίνησης||lots of traffic|
|accusative||την ποή κίνηση||much traffic|
|The forms of the adjective "πολλή" (Eng. Many) in the plural|
|Nominative||οι ποές ώρες||many hours|
|Genitive||των ποών ωρών||many hours|
|accusative||τις ποές ώρες||many hours|
The neuter adjective "πολύ" (dt. A lot) is similar to the masculine form in the singular and also in the plural.
|The forms of the adjective "πολύ" (Eng. A lot) in the singular|
|Nominative||το πολύ αλάτι||a lot of salt|
|Genitive||του πολύ αλατιού||a lot of salt|
|accusative||το πολύ αλάτι||a lot of salt|
The neuter form (like the masculine form "πολύς") is only given in the plural two „λ“Inserted.
|The forms of the adjective "πολύ" (Eng. A lot) in the plural|
|Nominative||τα ποά αυτοκίνητα||the many cars|
|Genitive||των ποών αυτοκινήτων||of the many cars|
|accusative||τα ποά αυτοκίνητα||the many cars|
At the end of this chapter we have collected more examples with the adjective "a lot" for you:
|More examples with the adjective πολύς / πολλή / πολύ (English a lot) in Greek:|
|πολύς κόσμος||many people|
|πολλοί φίλοι||many friends|
|πολλή ζάχαρη||much sugar|
|πολλή ρίγανη||a lot of oregano|
|πολλές παραλίες||many beaches|
|πολύ φαγητό||eat a lot|
|πολλά κύματα||many waves|
In the next chapter you will learn how to increase adjectives. In this chapter you have the opportunity to apply and practice what you have learned.
- Witcher 2 traps, how to use it
- How old is Robert Charles Chien age
- Nelsonian blindness definition who
- What I did Andrew Rodriguez Ventura
- How many attempts in one experiment
- Which color is equivalent to grumbacher red
- Bajura district profile of Sindhupalchowk
- Who said, may God refine your gold?
- When was Vaylen Kirtley born
- Cosculluela 40 glock descargar whatsapp
- What does it mean to load more tweets
- Winter Melon Milk Tea Chowking Siopao
- Joseph Howe Manor Halifax Nova Scotia
- How many deaths in building a cowboys stadium
- Kase bockwurst how to cook
- Betapyn tablets are for something
- Which state of matter is watery?
- Ced hughes what though
- Where did Gatsby money come from
- Foxy x Mangle Lemon Fanfiction Where Naruto
- How to add text in Picasa collage
- What are 3 novels that Charles Dickens wrote
- Fry the whole catfish in a pan
- Colonel Blue Doctor, the