Like many First Nation bands in Canada
The Dark Shaman
Ryomen Sukuna (,Ryomen Sukuna?), more often called just Sukuna (,Sukuna?), is a mighty cursed spirit known as the undisputed King of Curses (い の,Noroi no Ō?). He serves as one of the primary antagonists of Jujutsu Kaisen.
According to a legend, during the golden age of jujutsu over 1,000 years ago, Sukuna was an Imaginary Demon (の,Kasō no Kijin?), though in truth was a human sorcerer, and other sorcerers gave their all to defeat him. After his death, he became a cursed spirit, and his curse was too strong for his body to be fully destroyed. Henceforth, his remains of 20 indestructible fingers, preserved in grave wax, traversed the ages as cursed objects, ever growing in power. In the present, Sukuna has been incarnated into Yuji Itadori due to the latter eating one of his cursed fingers, which contain his fragmented power.
His past appearance is described as a demon with four arms and two faces. Currently, he appears similar to the host he is in, but with spiked hair and with unique markings on his forehead, nose, cheeks, and torso. He also has a second pair of eyes under his normal eyes, which are usually closed. Sukuna also has two lines on both his wrists, upper arms, circles on both his shoulders with a dot in each, two-segmented curve lines on his chest, and two lines on his stomach while possessing Yuji.
Sukuna wears a light-colored kimono with a black edge, a black scarf, and black shoes.
Sukuna is selfish, cold-hearted, immoral, and exceptionally sadistic. When he was reincarnated shortly after Yuji ingested his finger, he commented, implying the slaughter of women and children and likening them to maggots crawling around. Due to his immense power, he rarely cares about the consequences of his actions, even if these affect his host, Yuji Itadori. In fact, he frequently taunts and insults Yuji, calling him a brat and even laughing at or enjoying Yuji's despair on multiple occasions.
Sukuna is aware of his immense power and is quite arrogant about it, brutalizing a finger bearer while being patronizing and proclaiming his superiority over it. For this reason, he is highly dismissive of his opponents and rarely takes them seriously, even explicitly stating he would kill Satoru Gojo to his face. However, these brutish traits are not to be confused for stupidity. Sukuna is highly intelligent and manipulative, taking Yuji's body hostage by tearing out his heart to force him into a binding vow. He has also displayed the ability to acknowledge and praise his opponents, as shown by how before killing Jogo he acknowledged he was strong despite having completely overpowered him and that he should be proud.
Abilities and Powers
Overall skill level: Sukuna is a special grade cursed spirit. As the most powerful cursed spirit, Sukuna has a vast amount of cursed energy.
Incarnation (,Juniku?): Sukuna will incarnate into whoever eats his fingers, gaining a physical, human body in the process. Upon Yuji consuming the first of his fingers, Sukuna immediately came to possess his body.
Immense Strength: In Yuji's body, Sukuna possesses tremendous physical strength and managed to fling a person through several building floors without effort. Even in an incomplete state, he easily overpowered the likes of a finger bearer, a special-grade curse.
Immense speed: Sukuna has shown to move at incredible speed, which his opponent didn't even notice that Sukuna has moved until it is too late.
Immense reflexes: Sukuna can easily counter any opponent and is fast enough for his opponent to not even realize that their limb has been cut off.
Immense durability: Even in Itadori's body, Sukuna can use cursed energy to bolster his host's resilience. Sukuna was punched through five buildings and shown to be completely fine.
Metamorphosis: Sukuna can create new eyes and mouths on his host, allowing him to see and speak without controlling the body of the host. For example, he made a single eye and fanged mouth on Yuji's left cheek to belittle and taunt him.
|Cursed Energy Manipulation|
|Immense Cursed Energy: Sukuna possesses immense levels of cursed energy due to his innate power, cementing his title as the King of Curses. He was able to continuously use his techniques throughout his battles without exhausting himself in the slightest.|
|Reverse Cursed Technique (反 転 術 式,Hanten Jutsushiki?): Due to his nature as a special grade cursed spirit, Sukuna can easily use reverse cursed technique in order to regenerate lost limbs in an instant. Regained limbs maintain the same integrity as the rest of Sukuna's body.|
|Sukuna has an unnamed Binding Vow with Yuji. The King of Curses agreed to revive the boy after his apparent death in during the events of the Cursed Womb Arc under two conditions: ① Yuji would allow Sukuna to take over his body for one full minute when the cursed spirit would chant "Enchain" and ② he would forget about the agreement. Yuji initially opposed the Binding Vow, making Sukuna promise that he wouldn't kill or hurt anyone during that minute. The boy still disagreed with the terms and instead had a battle against the King of Curses, where he'd allow the agreement to occur if he lost. Sukuna effortlessly defeated Yuji, forcing him into the Binding Vow.|
|It is currently unknown what Sukuna's cursed technique is. He was shown to use his cursed energy to slash targets. Sukuna was also shown to use fire-based powers.|
|Dismantle (,Quay?): Sukuna's default slashing attack. |
Cleave (,Hachi?): A slashing attack that adjusts itself depending on the target's toughness and cursed energy level to cut them down in one fell swoop.
|Unnamed Fire Ability: Sukuna can create and manipulate flames for long-range attacks. These abilities exceed Jogo's, an unregistered special-grade curse whose defining trait involves extremely destructive pyrokinetic powers.|
|Malevolent Shrine (伏魔 御 厨子,Fukuma Mizushi?): Sukuna's Domain Expansion creates a Buddhist shrine decorated with skulls. Malevolent Shrine has a unique trait; it doesn't create a separate space using a barrier. A binding vow is formed by allowing an escape route, which vastly increases the guaranteed hit's effective area with a maximum radius of nearly 200 meters.|
Battles & Events
Cursed womb arc
Vs. Mahito Arc
Shibuya Incident Arc
- Sukuna is based on the same-named figure from Japanese mythology: Ryomen-sukuna (,Ryomen-sukuna?). He is a demonic / specter-like figure described in the Nihon Shoki, said to have appeared in the Hida Province (today's Gifu Prefecture) in ancient times, during the reign of Emperor Nintoku in the 4th century.
- He was described as a man of inhuman strength, with a two-faced head plus a total of eight limbs, four arms and legs respectively, that served each face. Wielding a multitude of weapons in his many hands (including a bow, arrow, and sword), he terrorized village after village in ancient Hida, plundering and leaving chaos in his wake. That is, until a brave military commander dispatched by the Imperial Court, named Takefurukuma no Mikoto, stepped forth and put an end to the monster's tyranny, expelling him from Hida.
- Ryomen-sukuna was worshiped by some as a minor deity, and statues depicting his distinctly two-faced head can still be found today in Gifu temples and shrines.
- Sukuna's kimono is very loose akin to a ladies kimono, as such space granted him more comfort while having four arms in the past.
- Sukuna ranked 10th place in the manga's 1st Character Popularity Poll with 5,860 votes.
- Sukuna's technique names appear to have some relation with cooking. His Domain Expansion, 伏魔 御 厨子 (Fukuma Mizushi,伏魔 御 厨子?), has been translated officially as "Malevolent Shrine", but 伏魔 (Fukuma,伏魔?) is more literally translated as "place where demons hide" and 御 厨子 (Mizushi,御 厨子?) is an archaic word referring to a kitchen or the emperor's eating area. His cutting techniques (Kai,?) and (Hachi
- What is the pH of k2hpo4 and kh2po4
- Triwa lansen chrono binding instructions
- Tamagotchi version 3 how to play bumper
- What happened to Jim Shawn Phillips
- How to make slime with ivory soap
- How to find invnorm on ti 84
- Howa 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel Action Remington
- Tips included in the paycheck on what makes gross
- What does Mandalos Pal Carajo mean
- Howlongtobeat Witcher 3 Wolf
- How to use 2 kajal kiran
- Dust fungus how to clean
- What happened to interests phyto B side
- Malghe val di fiemme sneeuwhoogte
- What does Adonai Adonenu
- Sarah and vinnie what happened to icky
- Where are pedal boards in Utah
- How to say mandados in English
- Ricetta Nadalin Dolce Veronese who painted
- Haemostatic matrix products wholesale
- Hiccups when eating nuts
- Gunflint Lodge Walleye Chowder Recipe
- Howa 1500 rcs ii
- Speed of the PC fan when accelerating