Find out what your blood type means
How do I find out my blood type?
Do you know your own blood type? In many situations it is beneficial to know your blood type. We explain how you can easily find out your blood group yourself with a quick test from home and reveal exciting facts about blood groups.
In different life situations it is useful to know which blood group you actually have. The blood group is particularly important in operations, blood transfusions, organ transplants and in prenatal care or the creation of maternity records. We explain the blood type system and how to find out if you are A, B, AB, 0, Rhesus positive or Rhesus negative.
Blood typing from home
In addition to a visit to the doctor or the blood donation, you can also determine your blood type from home. It's very easy with a rapid blood group test from the pharmacy. The common rapid tests are easy to use and are sold with detailed operating instructions. They cost around 25 euros.
Blood group determination: this is how the rapid test works!
- The test includes a card with four fields, each with a dried liquid. These fields need to be moistened with a little water.
- Now thoroughly disinfect your fingertip with the enclosed alcohol swab and prick the skin with the lancet so that some blood flows.
- Use a stick to catch the blood droplets. Now drip a drop of blood into each of the four fields so that the blood and the liquid on the card mix with one another. Important: You have to use a new stick for each field!
- Then match the fields on the card with the operating instructions. The field that has changed due to the drop of blood gives information about your blood group and your Rh factor. This can be either positive or negative.
By the way: With the help of Mendel's genetic rules you can also exclude blood groups in advance, as certain characteristics are dominant or recessive compared to others. For example, if both parents have characteristic 0, their children can only inherit characteristic 0. However, you can be certain if you have your blood type determined with the help of a test.
What do the blood groups mean?
The red blood cells (erythrocytes) are ring-shaped cells that carry oxygen and carbon dioxide through the bloodstream. In the shell (membrane) of the red blood cells there are different numbers of proteins that give the surfaces of the blood cells certain surface structures. These are called antigens. People can either do the Blood group A, B, AB or 0 to have.
Here you can find out which blood groups there are >>
Blood Donation and Blood Transfusion - Blood Type Compatibility
- People with Blood group 0 do not have blood group antigens on the surface of their red blood cells. This means that you can donate to all other blood groups, but only receive blood from donors of the same blood group. Universal donors are people with the Blood group 0 negative. However, this particular group is rather rare and therefore in great demand.
- In the Blood group A People can donate to people with A or AB, but can only accept them from people with A or 0.
- People with Blood group B can donate to people with B or AB and also only accept from group B or 0.
- But you have Blood group AB, you can only donate to group AB, but receive blood from all other blood groups.
By the way: statistically, most of the blood is needed to treat cancer patients. This is followed by diseases of the heart, stomach and intestinal diseases, sports and traffic accidents. The need for blood donations in Germany is high - around 14,000 blood donations are required every day. But only two to three percent of the population donate blood regularly.
>> Would you like to find out more about blood groups? The non-fiction book "4 blood groups - 4 strategies for a healthy life" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo and Catherine Whitney will explain to you how to eat properly according to your blood type and which physical activities are sensible.
Blood group system: frequencies of blood groups
|Blood group A positive||37 percent|
|Blood group A negative||6 percent|
|Blood group B positive||9 percent|
|Blood group B negative||2 percent|
|Blood group 0 positive||35 percent|
|Blood group 0 negative||6 percent|
|Blood group AB positive||4 percent|
|Blood group AB negative||1 percent|
What does the rhesus factor mean?
Is it dangerous if you don't know your blood type?
In some situations it is beneficial to know your blood type. Your blood type could be on the maternity record or on your vaccination record. You will find the entry on the back of your passport - more precisely on the emergency pages, which should also contain your date of birth and ID card number. If you donate blood regularly, your blood type is recorded on your blood donor card that you received after your first donation.
But if you don't know your blood type in an emergency, don't worry. In the case of operations or emergencies, the blood group is generally determined in the hospital, which takes about 45 minutes. If blood is urgently needed, the patient receives a blood transfusion with the Blood group 0 negativethat can be received by all blood groups.
Video: Corona study confirmed - these blood groups are more susceptible to Covid-19
A German-Norwegian study is said to have found that the blood types apparently have an influence on how severely we get Covid-19. The researchers found that the risk of experiencing a severe course of infection is 50 percent higher for people with blood type A +. People with blood group 0, on the other hand, are less severely ill. The other blood groups AB and B are in between. The researchers could not explain why some blood groups are more susceptible than others.
Editor's note: This article contains, among other things, product recommendations. When selecting products, we are free from the influence of third parties. For a mediation via our affiliate links, we receive a commission from the relevant service provider / online shop, with the help of which we can continue to offer independent journalism.
- Magroup ya ngono whatsapp for pc
- How to reproject rasters in Arcgis
- What makes you happy edward scissorhands pictures
- Ocean Beach Club Ibiza celebrities who have died
- Morphosis What We Learned Vinyl Siding
- How to read parameter estimates in spss
- How to fix a dovetail surfboard
- What does the elapsed time mean for the red meaning
- Know who you're standing in front of
- Read the file msgstore.db.crypt
- Punjab Chowrangi Bukhari travels Sialkot
- Stacja pkp olszynka grochowska tenis
- What do 3 identical consecutive characters mean?
- What about Original Mix Zippy
- How to Build a Triumph Flat Tracker
- What is rainbow solar quartz
- What is Bleemcast Beta Disc
- Covering the mouth while laughing. Psychology major
- How to climb stairs in Minecraft
- Kainat Baloch Lashari Howell
- Where is the IP address on the Ricoh printer
- How did Havens Davenport die
- Marek kaniuka wschowa starostwo
- Tanikalang Ginto full story