SMS verification fix WhatsApp
Whether you're a new WhatsApp user or reinstalling the app for the millionth time, you need to verify your phone number.
That's why WhatsApp sends a 6-digit code by text that you need to use to complete the verification process. But sometimes, the code never reaches your phone. Or if it does, the code doesn't work.
That can be very frustrating and a major head-scratcher. Is there a way to fix this and complete the WhatsApp installation? In this light, we're going to explore all the options that could lead to a solution to this problem.
How the Verification Process Works
Before we dive into how to overcome the verification code problem, let's quickly go through all the steps needed to install WhatsApp.
Perhaps you'll be able to spot something you've missed. After downloading WhatsApp on the Play Store or App Store, you'll be prompted to do the following:
- Find and select your country from the drop-down menu. The country code will automatically appear after that.
- Type in your phone number next to the country code. Remember not to put any “0” in front of the number.
- Select "Next." This action will send a request for a verification code to WhatsApp.
After that, you should receive the code via SMS almost instantly. It's supposed to fill in the number field on the screen automatically, though that may not work for older operating systems.
You may have to wait for the verification code up to 15 seconds, during which you probably won't be panicking or anything like that. But what if you're really not getting the code?
Wait Just a Little Bit Longer
This is probably the last thing you want to hear, but it's also at the top of the list of things to do.
Even though the text usually arrives in mere seconds, it can depend on network issues and all. The folks at WhatsApp do specify when you can try to verify your phone number again, which is 10 minutes.
In most cases, however, it’s not looking as good the longer you have to wait.
What You Shouldn't Do
Waiting for the verification code can seem forever and futile, but the one thing you shouldn't do is try to guess the code.
It's random and not even the world's best gamblers will bite on a 1 in 1,000,000 chance. And that will most likely lock you out of WhatsApp for a while.
Request a Phone Call from WhatsApp
WhatsApp gives you another option to verify your phone number after the 10 minutes. The “Call me” option will appear on the screen.
By tapping on it, you've officially asked WhatsApp to call you and give you the 6-digit code on an automated voice call. With the code in hand, you’d enter the code manually to verify your number.
Other Fixes You Can Try
In some cases, you might not receive the code because WhatsApp is acting out. Either that or perhaps your phone. Let's go over some of the other things that you can try.
Restart your phone
First, you can try and reboot your phone. Restarting recalibrates a few things in a smartphone.
The best way to do it is to completely turn off your phone for about 30 seconds. Then turn it back on and you can take another stab at the verification.
If rebooting your phone didn't work, you could have a corrupted cache file for WhatsApp or any number of glitches with the app. Instead of trying to figure that out, you can simply uninstall the app first.
Start on a clean slate and install the app from scratch. To uninstall WhatsApp, just go to your phone’s settings and find Apps> WhatsApp> Uninstall.
Check your reception
If the reception is bad or nonexistent, obviously you won't be able to receive texts. Furthermore, you can't always tell if that's the case.
To make sure that your reception is optimal, you can ask someone to send you a text. Even better if it's someone you regularly text with.
If you don’t receive it, then you know what’s going on and you should probably contact your carrier. You could experience the same issue if you’re in roaming.
If you need to verify the number when you're abroad, that can prove to be complicated. If you haven't requested the ability to receive SMS when in roaming, verifying WhatsApp might prove impossible.
Check Your Internet Connection Too
Finally, don’t forget about the Wi-Fi. Although it has nothing to do with sending or receiving texts, you still need the internet to communicate with the app.
The point is that you should make sure that you're properly connected before trying to verify your number on WhatsApp.
What's Up with WhatsApp
Other than the SMS and “Call me” option, WhatsApp doesn't offer any other form of verification. According to the company, it's due to security and privacy reasons. Trying to get WhatsApp going so you can chat with friends and family can cause some impatience if the code is missing.
In most cases, though, you will get the code one way or another. Start with some or all of the fixes listed above.
Have you ever had any trouble verifying your number on WhatsApp? Tell us in the comments section below together with any other questions you may have.
- How is polyethylene wax made from isopropyl
- What does Burak mean in the Philippines
- How does a behavior-based ID work
- What is the raven's scan
- How long timer for picture
- Tcl led tv 32b3310 specifications howard
- Devdaan Bhowmik School of Rock
- What does pre-alpha minus mean
- What is EEPROM in the printer
- I do scholarships how to bill
- Who pays the agency fees
- How to use go tipidd for 30 days
- Add Bluestacks WhatsApp contact
- What does nosebleed mean in anime man
- How to program the Liberty wired remote
- Morocco girls WhatsApp group
- How to reprogram innotek dog collar 0682
- How did Martin Joseph Considine die badly
- Crush 40 what I'm made of midi
- Clicabrasil Utexas what I owe
- What is a 401k plan without a prototype
- Seagrams India products wholesale
- Akash jacob kuruvilla how did he die
- Beautify your story magnets wholesale
- How can I choose my career path
- How to only print emails in Yahoo!
- Who owns Buche Cantina lessons
- What is different about Imax Kino Shanghai
- Stableins wholesale charleroi pa fireworks
- How much is a quarter of 1787 worth
- Adnams bitter 500ml is how many ounces
- Peeya Rai Chowdhary height and weight
- What are Morgan Stanley colors
- Ssmc singapore map where singapore