How to post coordinates in the war commander
How do you read coordinates? - Manual
Understanding coordinates: an example
- If you are wondering "how to read coordinates correctly", you need to know that ° stands for degrees, 'indicates minutes of angles, and' 'indicates seconds of angle.
- For example, you read the following: 48 ° 28 '13' 'N and 13 ° 14' 7 '' E as: 48 degrees, 28 minutes and 13 seconds north latitude and 13 degrees, 14 minutes and 7 seconds east longitude.
Background knowledge of geographic positions
- There are a total of 360 degrees of longitude and 180 degrees of latitude, which you can imagine as an imaginary grid (graticule) stretched over the earth's surface. The longitudes and latitudes intersect at right angles.
- LATITUDE: Count the degrees of latitude from the equator. (The equator is perpendicular to the earth's axis.) The equator is located exactly in the middle between the North Pole and the South Pole and is defined as the zero point. The north pole is at 90 ° north and the south pole at 90 ° south. Thus you have parallels in front of your eyes - to the north the northern parallels and to the south you count southern parallels - which allow you to indicate the position of a point on the earth on a line that circles the earth.
- A degree is divided into 60 so-called arc minutes. The arc minutes are in turn divided into 60 so-called arc seconds. This means that a minute of arc is one sixtieth of a degree (1.85 kilometers by the way).
- LONGITUDE: In addition to the circles of latitude, there are circles of longitude. They stand perpendicular to the equator and run through the two poles.
- In contrast to the latitude, you can specify a zero point for the longitude, as the equator is so beautiful and comfortable. Today the Grennwich meridian is used worldwide. That was not always so. For a long time, different prime meridians were used (such as the Paris meridian or the Ferro meridian). That changed in 1883 when it was determined that the prime meridian should go Grenn Weich in England.
- You count the degrees of longitude from the prime meridian to the east and west up to 180 °.
- If you see a minus and / or plus sign instead of "N", "S", or "O" as an addition, this means that the negative values are to be measured in the south and the positive values in the west.
- SPECIFIC EXAMPLE OF BERLIN: On the website "astrologon.com" you will find the graphical coordination of cities all over the world. For Berlin, the coordinates are: 52 ° 33 'N 13 ° 22' E - to be read as: 52 degrees and 33 minutes north latitude and 13 degrees 22 minutes east longitude. Under "geoco.org/deutschland/Berlin" you will find "52.52" for latitude and "13.4" for longitude. However, the spelling with "°" and "'" (minutes) is more common.
How helpful do you find this article?
- Radlogin how to fundamentally
- What does ut amem et foveam mean
- What is a 1976 Silver Quarter worth
- Pentasa cones, how long llc should be dissolved
- How to heat stuffed artichokes in the oven
- The bottom bracket creaks when the priest kicks
- How to calculate the transfer efficiency at the trophic level
- How long do large oxygen tanks last
- How to Make Zinkoshine
- Decorative fragrance bottles wholesale
- How to fix uncooked rice pudding
- How to make sushi without seaweed
- How to make sticky fly tape
- How to connect 2 aquariums together
- Scotland which which toy store Ballater card
- Petrom moldova general manager by whom
- Here's what our parents never taught us
- Haines signature 540f specifies Howard
- Forgive me the status for WhatsApp or Bangla
- What does quiet bust mean
- How to delete a record in rdlc
- Liberar lg-p768 how to fix
- Ragnarok, where you can find Kaeflegs
- Yigit wireless accessories wholesale
- WhatsApp status for friends marriage encounter
- What makes tracheobronchial tree is patent
- Whatsapp ucun menali profile sekilleri oglan
- Nosh and Chow Meny
- Far away 3 where is blue leaf
- Chown command not found mac
- Chloramine filter system for the whole house
- How many whacka bumps on my back
- Chow Kit Lana Nordin Nampak