What is a Canadian neighborhood from 1992 worth
Treasures in the drawer: These old DM coins are really worth a lot of money
It has been almost 20 years since the euro replaced the D-Mark as the official means of payment in Germany. Some old D-Mark coins can be very valuable today if, for example, they were part of a special issue or if they were minted incorrectly. Today, collectors pay amounts of up to 5,000 euros for such special coins. More on this in the video.
The Deutsche Mark was the official currency in the Federal Republic of Germany between 1948 and 1998 (as book money) and 2001 (as cash) - after reunification in 1990 also in the former GDR.
Especially in comparison with the euro, many people remember the D-Mark as a "stronger" currency. Quite a few still mourn her afterwards. Perhaps because of this, the coins are still a popular collector's item for many today. Many Germans still keep mark or penny coins as souvenirs today.
Before you finally grab the rattle and dispose of or exchange the old coins, you should take a closer look at the pieces - in certain cases, the D-Mark coins are in great demand among collectors.
Some D-Mark coins are so valuable today
The decisive factor for the collector's value is how rare and how well-preserved a coin is. You will therefore get the highest sales values if you have special or commemorative coins or bad coins in your possession. If these still have their original shine, the selling price is all the higher.
A few 2-pfennig pieces that were minted before 1968 are particularly valuable: at that time, pure copper was used in some of the coins. From the outside, these variants can hardly be distinguished from those made of copper-plated iron. To separate them you need a magnet: the copper coins are not magnetic. With collectors, you can expect prices of up to 5,000 euros for these rare coins, as the MDM Münzhandelsgesellschaft writes.
If you think you have a valuable coin in your possession but are not entirely sure, it may be worth taking a look at an official coin catalog. You can find some of these on the Internet or in libraries. In the video above, we show you some examples of how much money certain D-Mark coins can be worth.
More articles from this area
The most popular CHIP news
- LG Flatron E1600 Specifications Howard
- Heavy load when the sign is blinking
- What is a cume file
- Know how sports science 1
- What is medium diffuse light for plants
- Where was sweet neighborly love filmed again
- What is the name of Ross Lynch hairstyle
- How to do rudrabhishekam at home
- What is Airsoft HPA regulator
- Biological warfare in ww1 like many people
- Conquest of Starion does not begin when it is warm
- Who is Emilia Clarke's husband
- Marcus jordan net worth like
- How to play nrg file on ps2
- Anabia name in the Koran that is Jesus
- What does age-appropriate
- Wichita Jobs That Hire When Mar 14
- Bose Acoustimass check what HiFi
- What does unencumbered rate mean
- Numark dxm06 turns off when switched on
- What does Pupule Wahine mean in Hawaii
- What does constitutionally bound meaning mean
- How to use confused in a sentence
- Rotating parts in assemblies