Cabanon awaya 440 binding instructions
EX BIBLIOTHECA REISACHIORUM
In Scriptorium Volume 32 (1978), p. 259, Ch. P. Finlayson treats the manuscript Edinburgh, University Library, Cod. Latin 123 (x) with Isidore's etymologies, written by a hand of the 12th century. After a subtle investigation into the origin of the writer and thus perhaps the place of origin of the manuscript in Liitzel in Alsace, Finlayson notes that the manuscript, according to an entry on f. 1 from 1809 in the library of a Carmelite monastery “Reisach »In Rosenheim in Upper Bavaria (founded in 1732). As a reference for this assertion, he cites the entry on the front cover of the manuscript Isidori Episcopi Hispaliensis Liber Etimologiarum, etc. Ex Reis. 3 Feb [l] 820, n ° 14, Mst0.
t) The existence of a Carmelite monastery in Reisach in Rosenheim is not to be found here. What is certain, however, is that the entry quoted by Finlayson is Ex Reis. in the Edinburgh manuscript a different meaning has to be assigned. The manuscript comes from the Bibliotheca Reisachiana, the book lover's private library and - collectively
Hans (Johannes) Adam von Reisach (1765-1820), district judge in the Bavarian-Swabian town of Monheim, who published the Pfalz-Neuburgischen Provinzialblatter from 1800-1805 (2) November 1820 took his life.
His son was Karl August Graf von Reisach (1800-1869), Bishop of Eichstâtt and Archbishop of Miinchen-Freising (1836), Cardinal of the Curia in Rome (1855) and finally Cardinal Bishop of Sabina (1868) (3).
In the course of his life, his father, Hans Adam von Reisach, had amassed a considerable collection of books and manuscripts, which came under the hammer in Regensburg every few months shortly before his death. The auction catalogs have been preserved from this process: First catalog of a select collection of books, which in Regensburg in Bavaria in the House L. B. Nro. 78, not far from the Griib, on February 3rd, 1820 and the following days, to the highest bidder for payment in cash. Regensburg, 1819, second catalog ... Regensburg, 1819 as well as third catalog of an exquisite collection of books, which is sold at Regensburg in Bavaria on June 5th and the following days in the 1st year to the same payment. Regensburg, 1820. Manuscripts can be found in the first catalog in /. Section: Manuscripta under the numbers 1-49, whereby only the numbers 1-37 are to be addressed as medieval. The second catalog does not contain any manuscripts. These, however, are the subject of the third catalog on p. 147 ff., Starting with no. 1520.
In Katal. 1 the above-mentioned Edinburgh manuscript can be found on p. 9 f. No. 14 shown in the following form: Isidori Episcopi Hispalensis Liber ethimologiarum - de response Mundi et astrorum ordinatione - then the receipts and instructions for the part follow in verse: De incidendis arboribus. De sculptura Vitri. De aurea scriptura. de floribus ad scribendum aptis. De pictura ex vitro facta. De Hedera. De viridi colore. De temperamento ferri. Quomodo Lapis ferro incidatur. Quomodo cuprum skins daburetur. De Vitro faciendo. De incidendo Ebore. De pictura cum vitro viridi. De geminis lucidandis. De viridi color faciendo. Unde dicti sint capellani. De pictura cum albo vitro. In natales see Thomae cantuariensis. The codex is in large folio, holds 157 sheets of parchment, is beautifully written, well preserved, and adorned with large ground initial letters. At the end of the ethimology there is: Explicit Liber Ethimologiarum ysidori episcopi scriptus a fratre petro pétri discipulo qui natione dicitur meticiensis (sic) professione lucelensis hec quicunque legis rogo scriptoris memor adsis ut capiat per te: felicis premia vite. - Each page is divided into two columns. The codex bears the obvious stamp of the 12th century ».
This is the same information that Finlayson and Borland give about the handwriting in Edinburgh.
It can now be assumed that H. A. von Reisach had manuscripts from the Cistercian monastery in Kaisheim near Donauworth (4). After all, he had himself with the story
NOTES ET MATERIAUX
this monastery deals (5). Kaisheim, on the other hand, was settled with monks from the Alsatian Liitzel abbey when it was founded around 1135 (6). These monks may have brought their books with them from their home monastery or they may have referred to their home monastery in their subscriptions, and this is how the colophon on f. 144V in the Edinburgh manuscript is to be understood as scriptus a fratre petro pétri discipulo qui natione dicitur meti - curiensis (7) professione lucelensis. Unfortunately, there is no medieval library catalog from the Kaisheim monastery, only a few legacies of books to the monastery from the 14th century are known (8). Otherwise the Edinburgh Isidore Codex could be safely verified there. Nevertheless, via the library of H. A. von Reisach for the manuscript Edinburgh lat. 123, the monastery can most likely be opened up as the medieval library home.
But back to the manuscript collection of Count Reisach. Some of the manuscripts in the First Catalog were obviously not sold, so that the same descriptions of individual manuscripts appear again in the Third Catalog. The preface to the First Catalog says: “Immediately after the auctioning of the numbers in the first two lists, the third catalog will also be issued”.
The manuscripts offered in these catalogs were - as always on such occasions - scattered all over the world. Some of the manuscripts of the Bibliotheca Reisachiana could be found in manuscript catalogs of large libraries. One can assume that the manuscripts at the auctions in 1820 were acquired exclusively by private individuals - collectors or book lovers of the early 19th century (9). It is unlikely that one or the other piece went straight to a larger public library at that time. The collectors Nikolaus (Miklôs) Jankovich and Thomas Phillipps can be verified. From Katal. 1, the numbers 4, 7 and 12 (which reappear in the 3rd catalog as numbers 1524, 1525 and 1520) were transferred to those of the Hungarian bibliophile Miklôs Jankovich (1773-1846) (10) and finally followed up with his collections Budapest to the library of the National Museum there (Széchényi National Library). The No. 8 and 31 (from catalog 1) came into the library of the English book and manuscript collector Sir Thomas Phillipps (1792-1872).
The following is a compilation of the current storage locations of manuscripts from the Bibliotheca Reisachiana, as far as I know them and without any special research being carried out: I refer to the numbers in the First Catalog:
No. 3 (= 3rd catalog no. 1523): location unknown.
No. 4 (= 3rd Catal. No. 1524): came from the library of Ottheinrich von der Pfalz (1502-1559), came via Reisach to M. Jankovich and from there to Budapest, Széch. National Museum, CLMAE 51. See Lehmann (see note 2), p. 14.
No. 7 (= 3rd catalog no. 1525): came from the library of Ottheinrich von der Pfalz (1502-1559), came via Reisach to M. Jankovich and from there to Budapest, Széchn. National Museum, Cod.Hebr, 4 ° 4. See Lehmann (see note 2), p. 14.
No. 8: went through the bookseller Varrentrapp (cf. note 9) in Frankfurt am Main to Phillipps, who had the manuscript from 128 parchment sheets divided into four individual volumes and specially bound; in the Phillipps catalog (u) you can find them again as: Part 1 (and 2 and 3) = Phill. 1162. See Sotheby Sale Catal. 1908, no.340 (12). Part 4 = Phill. 1163. See Sotheby Sale Catal. 1908, No. 440. Today Berlin, State Library Preuss. Kulturbesitz, Cod. Theol. lat. fol. 701
Part 5 = Phill. 1161. See Sotheby Sale Catal. 1908. No. 191, then Jacques Rosenthal, Bibliotheca Medii Aevi Manuscripta. Pars great. 100 manuscripts from the Western Middle Ages from the 9th to the 15th century (described and incorporated by Ernst Schulz), Catalog 83, Munchen 1925, No. 79. Heute Munchen, Bayer. Staatsbibliothek, Clm 28620. See Glauche (see note 4), p. 206.
Part 6 = Phill. 1159. See Sotheby Sale Catal. 1899, No. 200; 1903, No. 150; 1908, No. 72, then Jacques Rosenthal (cf. Part 5), No. 19: today Houston / Texas, Public Library, Cod. 7. Cf. S. de Ricci and WJ Wilson, Census of Medieval and Renaissance in the United States and Canada, Vol. 2, New York 1937, p. 2165.
No. 9, 10 and 11 Glauche was able to determine (as note 4), p. 206 note 44 as originating from Kaisheim. The current location is unknown.
No. 12 (= 3rd catalog no. 1520): came via Reisach to M. Jankovich and from there to Széchn. National Museum, CLMAE 41. See Lehmann (see note 2), p. 31 f. (Probably from Hildesheim?).
No. 13 (= 3rd catalog no. 1522): today Munchen, Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, Clm 27054. Cf. Medieval library catalogs (see note 6), p. 130. There is also a single sheet in Berlin, Kupferstichkabinett , Inv. No. 1248. Cf. Albert Boeckler, Zur Freisinger Illumination of the 12th Century, in Zeitschr. of the Deutscher Verein für Kunstwissenschaft 8 (1941), pp. 1-16, which wants to use both the Clm 27054 and the newspaper in Berlin for Freising on the basis of art-historical criteria. In the latest volume of the Middle Ages. Library catalogs, Vol. 4/2: Diocese of Freising, edit. von Gunter Glauche, Munchen, 1979, pp. 624 f., both are not included in the manuscripts obtained from Freising. - In the front cover of Clm 27054 it says “Found in Count Reisach's estate. From Kaisheim? " The old ownership entry on leaf lr has been completely erased.
No. 14: is the above-described handwriting Edinburgh lat. 123.
No. 15: came via Reisach to M. Jankovich and from there to Budapest to the National Museum, finally through an exchange to Munich, Bayer. Staatsbibliothek, Cgm 6247. Cf. Helga Unger, Geistlicher Herzen Bavngart, Miinchen 1969 (= Mûnchener texts and investigations, 24), pp. 73 f.
No. 16 (= 3rd catalog no. 1527): today's location unknown.
No. 21: used by Glauche (see note 4), p. 206, note 44 for Kaisheim. Today in Rome, Biblioteca Vaticana, Rossi Fund, Cod.lat.VIII, 44.
No. 27 (= 3rd catalog no. 1526): today Berlin, State Library Preuss. Kulturbesitz, Cod. Germ, qu. 578. "Cf. Hermann Degering, Short Directory of Germanic Manuscripts of the Prussian State Library, Vol. 2. Leipzig 1930, p. 107.
No. 29: Today Berlin, Preuss State Library. Kulturbesitz, Cod. Germ. fol. 822. Cf. Hermann Degering, Kurzesverzeichnis der Germanischen Manschriften der Preussische Bd. 1, Leipzig 1925, p. 114.
No. 31: used by Glauche (as note 4), p. 206, note 44 for Kaisheim, went to Phillipps No. 1165 via Varrentrapp, and has recently appeared in Sotheby Sale Catal. dated Nov. 26, 1975, No. 841 again with an exact description. The manuscript was acquired at this auction from the London bookseller Willoughby. The current location is unknown.
No. 34: used by Glauche (see note 4), p. 206, note 44 for Kaisheim. Location unknown.
In addition from the 3rd catal. No. 400: today Budapest, Széchn. National Museum, Cod. Germ. 33. See Vizkelety (see note 10), pp. 77-96, as well as from the 3rd catal. No. 221: from the property of the Prince-Bishop of Breslau, Johannes IV. Roth (1482-1506), who owned the Hs. Together with his library at the end of the 15th century. donated to the predicature library of his hometown Wemding (district of Donauwôrth, Swabia). Today: Munich, Universitâtsbibl., Cod. 2 ° 744. Cf. Natalia Daniel, inter alia, “The Latin medieval manuscripts of the University Library in Munich. The manuscripts from the folio series », second half, Wiesbaden 1979 (= The manuscripts of the Universitàtsbibliothek Munchen, 3, 2), p. 189.
Munich Sigrid Kramer
Bavarian Academy of Sciences]
(1) See Catherine Robina Borland, A Descriptive Catalog of the Western Medieval Manuscripts in University Library, Edinburgh, 1916, pp. 195-197.
(2) Cf. Paul Lehmann, Mittetlungs aus Handschriften V, Mtlnchen, 1938 (= meeting reports of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, Phil.-hist. Department, year 1938, issue 4), pp. 31-32.
(3) Cf. Joh.Bapt. Goetz, Karl August Graf von Reisach, Archbishop of Miinchen 1800-1869, in: Anton Chroust, Lebenslaufe aus Franken, Vol. 1, Miinchen / Leipzig, 1919, pp. 371-379; Otto Rieder, The von Reisach family. Historical overview with family tree, Neuburg a. D. 1915.
(4) Cf. Gunter Glauche, ways to determine the provenance of sprinkled Bavarian manuscripts, in: Bibliotheksforum Bagern (BFB) 6 (1978), 188-208, esp. Pp. 205 f.
(5) H. A. Graf von Reisach, attempt of a chronological history of the Kaisersheim monastery, in: Pfalz-Neuburgische Provinzialblâtter Bd. 2, Nûrnberg, 1803, S. 5-28.
(6) Cf. Medieval library catalogs of Germany and Switzerland, ed. from the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, Volume 3/1. Tl.: Diocese of Augsburg, arr. by Paul Ruf, Mûnchen, 1932, p. 126.
(7) What the Reisach catalog had read with meticiensis.
(8) Cf. Library catalogs (see note 6), pp. 132-135.
(9) In the said preface to the 1st catal. It says: «The already completed two first catalogs are to be had in Regensburg from Mr. Auerheimer, in Mûnchen from Mr. Buchhândler Fleischmann and Stôger, in Nuremberg from Mr. Frauenholz book auctioneer Lehner and in the Comtoir des Korrespondenten v. and for Germany, in Frankfurt am Main with Mr. Varrentrapp. in Hamburg with Mr. Perthes, in Prague in the Calvischen, in Breslau in the Kornische, in "Vienna in the Heubner und Volk'schen, in Berlin in the orphanage bookstore, at Wurzburg with Mr Gebhardt, in Karlsruhe with Mr Braun, in London with Boosey and Sons, in Augsburg with Mr Kranzfelder, and in Ulm in the Stettinische Buchhandlung; larger quantities are deposited in Leipzig with Mr MJG Mehnert in Kraftshof Nro. 476 been ». (blocked by me).
(10) Cf. Andrâs Vizkelety, Descriptive Directory of Old German Manuscripts in Hungarian Vol. 1: Széchényi-Nationabibliothek, Wiesbaden, 1969, pp. 9-11; on Jankovich's biography see Constantin von Wurzbach, Biographisches Lexikon, Vol. 10, Vienna, 1886, pp. 76-77; A catalog provides information on the contents of his library: see G. Hânel, Ungedruckte Handschriften-Kataloge. I. Elenchus manuscriptorum Nicolai sen. Jankovich, in: Archio fur Philologie und Paedagogik 5 (1839), 4th issue, pp. 591-640.
(11) The Phillipps Manuscripts. Catalogus librorum manuscriplorum in Bibliotheca D. Thomae Phillipps, Bt. A. D. 1837, Impressus Typis Medio-Montanis 1837-71. Repr. With an introd. by A. N. L. Munby, D. Litt., London, 1969, p. 15.
(12) At Phill. 1162 it becomes evident that the manufacturer of the Phillipps catalog was evidently guided by the entries in the manuscripts in his short descriptions. He did in Phill. 1159 already recorded the fourth part of Bede in Thobiam, nevertheless he mentions it with Phill. 1162 again as the last part of the manuscript. He does the same with the penultimate entry by Phill. 1162, already mentioned in Phill. 1161 is displayed. This prompts Glauche (as in note 4), p. 206, note 45 to speak of "incorrectly duplicated signatures MS 1159, 1161 and 1163".
- WhatsApp pictures saved on the server
- How to write a summary igcse results
- Brevundimonas Diminuta was found
- Collecting stamps what a wonderful hobby
- Robin Simms, how did she die in Brittany
- Silicone Mentor 275ml is how many ounces
- Tekken 6 nancy-mi847j how to beatbox
- What is the name of the box in the shoes
- Where can you get wild fruits in India
- What is partial reflection and refraction experiments
- Woman breastfeeding her dog
- Al final del sendero descargar whatsapp
- How to open golden syrup can
- Johnossi what is the point texts German
- What is a BMW Sav vs Suv
- What does pinche mean in Spanish slang
- How to remove rust from the ironing board
- Lanre fehintola where is he now
- Microsoft Outlook no longer works when printing
- Pipe organs in Massachusetts, how much kid
- How to break dell d620 bios password
- What is Democracy Quizlet Medical Terminology
- Magboy how to use it
- Luis amiama tio wikihow