How did Amy Winehouse change the world
Amy Winehouse's chilling confession to doctor hours before she died
Tragic singer Amy Winehouse died in July 2011 from alcohol poisoning, and she made a chilling confession to her doctor hours before her death.
The pop star was just 27 when she was found dead at her home in Camden, north London on 23 July.
Amy had spent years battling drink and drug problems, and shortly before her passing she'd started boozing again.
An inquest later found she died of alcohol poisoning, and heard testimony from a GP who had visited her at home the night before her final binge.
Dr. Christina Romete talked with Amy during her visit, and told the court the singer admitted she was drinking again after a long period of abstinance.
She accepted the seriousness of her condition and chillingly told the doctor: "I don't want to die".
Dr. Romete revealed the star had been prescribed a medication called Librium to help her deal with alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
However, despite her frailty, Amy refused any mental health support and Dr. Romete told the court it was because the star feared it could affect her creativity.
During the hearing, Dr. Romete said: "She was one of the most intelligent young women I've ever met.
"She was very determined to do everything her way, including her therapy. She had very strict views on that."
Describing Amy's demeanor on the night before she died, Dr. Romete said said the singer appeared "calm and somewhat guilty" and was "tipsy" but "able to hold a conversation".
She said Amy confessed that she'd started drinking again on July 20 - just three days before her death.
When asked if she was planning to give up booze again, the medic told the court Amy answered: "I don't know".
Romete added: "The advice I had given to Amy over a long period of time was verbal and in written form about all the effects alcohol can have on the system, including respiratory depression and death, heart problems, fertility problems and liver problems."
During the inquest at St Pancras Coroner's Court in London assistant deputy coroner Suzanne Greenaway concluded that Amy had died from "accidental alcohol poisoning".
The official verdict was given as death through misadventure.
Greenaway said: "She had consumed sufficient alcohol and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death."
The court heard Amy's blood had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml - well over the 350mg which is recognized to be fatal.
Police officers also found three empty bottles of vodka in her home.
Showbiz editor's picks
Amy's body was found by her live-in security guard Andrew Morris, who said she had spent her last night in her bedroom watching TV and listening to music.
He went to check on her at 3pm the following day and discovered she was not breathing and had no pulse.
Due to an administrative error, a second inquest had to be held in 2013 and reached the same conclusion as the first.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
- Mizurur Rahman Chowdhury Bangladesh Cricket
- Alyce Parker we are what we are
- How much do hip injections cost
- Programming the boost controller msd 7562
- Normalization of the database of the entire rock geochemistry
- Wolves howling at the moon quote mightily
- What is nmr in technology
- 10 commandments in Buddhism what Dharma is
- How to take moonlight jelly shots
- What does Bajar El Queso mean
- When risala-asbab e-baghawat-e-hind was translated into English
- How to start a biomedical engineering firm
- Howsam mill old leaking great
- How to use Rogue Abmat
- Gto shonan 14 days Manga Descargar WhatsApp
- How to Burn Audio CD
- How to Make Voodoo Sam Bergeson
- Kenwood Ka 501 Specifications Howard
- Nautamin 90 mg is how many ml
- Where are Storck bikes made in Detroit?
- How To Make Stainless Steel Exhaust Hoses
- Know how management definition
- Who is married to Jean Mackin
- Malayalam girls WhatsApp numbers
- Adventure island 4 how to climb the mountain
- What happened to Muammar El Gaddafi's wife
- I dejo oscar d leon descargar whatsapp
- How to print square brackets in latex
- How to Fix Plastic Window Panels
- What the hell do you know soundtrack
- Neogamma Wad Descargar WhatsApp
- How To Wire Solo Baric Kicker Power
- What does Red Letter Night
- Never winter nights how to kill Desther