Which country abbreviation is cmr
International country codes (ISO, OIC, Fips, ...)
Olympic country codesThe most famous country codes come from the Olympic Committee (IOC). These codes appear on our televisions at all Olympic Games and most international matches, e.g. in football, handball and basketball. FIFA and most other sports associations use them - even if the sports are not Olympic disciplines at all. However, the IOC codes differ from those of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) - and that regularly causes confusion.
ISO country codesThe International Organization for Standardization defines its country codes in the standard 3166-1. In the alpha-3 version, ISO codes also consist of 3 capital letters. For example, Germany has the IOC code "GER" for "Germany", the English country name. The three-letter ISO code is "DEU". Although the ISO is an international organization, it occasionally uses the local language to derive the abbreviations. This is not always the case: The country code for Austria (the national language is German) is "AUT", based on the English "Austria".
The International Organization for Standardization has other country codes. The numerical variant such as 276 for Germany is a bit impractical because it is hardly legible. It is used almost exclusively in information technology, where it is no longer important that the code is human-readable. The 2-letter code alpha-2 is more common for this. It is mainly used to assign a country-specific domain. The IBAN of our account numbers also uses this. Often it is also identical to the vehicle license plate. This code is almost always based on the 3-letter variant.
Currency abbreviationIn the table above there are no encodings for currencies, but there are, too. They also consist of 3 letters according to an always uniform system: First come the two letters of the ISO code (3166-1 alpha-2) and then the first letter of the unit follows. For the Swiss franc, the letters "CH" come first, followed by an "F" for the franc. The code of the thailean B.aht is THB and for the Japanese yen it is "JPY".
Here, too, there are of course exceptions: Currencies like the euro are not tied to a single country, so it was given the abbreviation EUR. And individual countries such as Mexico are also treated a little differently. The Mexican peso should actually have the code MXP in the system, but since a currency reform in 1992 the abbreviation has been "MXN".
Fips 10Fips 10 is a code originally from the USA, which not only includes countries, but also dependent and other areas with sovereign properties. Although they also consist of 2 capital letters, they usually do not correspond to the ISO code. Due to the US-American origin, the English-speaking names are often used here. So Germany received the letter combination "GM", which was derived from Germany. Initially, this code was particularly important in the foreign policy and military areas of the USA. Because numerous additional areas received a Fips 10 code, it spread beyond the USA and is currently used in international databases. Examples of additional territories are the British military base Akrotiri (AX), the Gaza Strip (GZ) or the uninhabited Johnston Atoll (JQ), which belongs to the USA.
- Noon Qutni in the Koran who is Jesus
- Howard gardner inteligencias multiple ensayo de un
- Deb hand sanitizer dispenser how to open
- What is nrbcs automated testing
- How to help toothache with fasting
- How to transfer files from vmware fusion
- Pakistani lawn suits wholesale in Dubai
- How to spread philodendron
- Koa anticipates how to get married
- What is really important is kleinman's summary definition
- Read worksheet to find out which detail is not included
- What does Mne Sofronie mean
- When you get burned and it hurts
- How did Michael Eyedea Larsen die
- Sinopsis Film Horor Thailand Who are you
- How to get Philhealth ID in Cebu
- Who were Labdacus and Polydoros Kampaktsis
- What does Keggy Handed
- Which is better Semenax or Volume Pills
- Play framework MySQL query where
- Kohler's whole house generator problems
- Moroccan oil tempered black olives wholesale
- Where to learn jc gems mop
- Charles Howard buried Belvedere
- How big is Spud Webb Wiki
- How to carve wood without tools
- How to Scroll with the Snipping Tool
- Preseed Debian Raid Howto
- What is calcoat plaster of paris
- Ola chica means something in English
- Le weekend chanel how to use
- How to install the Emirates ID card reader
- What Furt Huerde means and what