Who wants to be a millionaire apk
Learn the German Lyrics to Two Hit Songs by Die Prinzen
Pop music fans in German-speaking countries are very familiar with the band Die Prinzen. They topped the charts in the 80s and 90s with songs like "Germany"and"millionaire, "and their songs are filled with satirical lyrics about German society.
If you have yet to discover this famous pop band, now is a perfect time. Two of their hit songs are included below with a direct English translation that demonstrates the band's humor.
An Introduction to The Princes
With 14 gold and six platinum records and over five million recordings sold, Die Prinzen (pronounced DEE PRINT-sen) are one of the most popular German pop bands of all time. Before they became Die Prinzen, the group's members were all in the Thomanerchor of the Thomaskirche (St. Thomas Church) in Leipzig, which is one reason they specialize ina capella music (singing without instrumental accompaniment).
In the 1980s, the band's members were Sebastian Krumbiegel, Wolfgang Lenk, Jens Sembner, and Henri Schmidt. The lyrics of their songs are usually satiric and humorous, with tongue-in-cheek criticism of the German government and German society.
In 1990, the band's album Life is horrible, and the singles "Gabi and Klaus"and"millionaire"were big hits. The band gained more recognition when it toured with Germany's" Rock-Opa "Udo Lindenberg in 1992.
Their second album, Kissing prohibited, with its title hit song, sold well. In later albums, the band also added an instrumental techno sound to their voices. After a lull in the late 1990s, Die Prinzen regained their popularity in Germany with the popular song " Olli Kahn, "referring to Germany's World Cup star goalie Oliver Kahn.
The band has played concert tours in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Luxembourg.
A few of Die Prinzen's songs were really big hits, and many of them can be found on the At the top - hits album as well as the albums they were originally released on.
- "millionaire" (1987) album: Life is cruel
- "Everything onlyStolen" (1993) album: All just stolen
- "Kissing prohibited" (1992) album: Kissing prohibited
- "Be a pig" (1995) album: Pigs
- "Schlotterstein Anthem" (1996) album: The CDWith themouse
- "Germany" (2001) Album: D.
"Germany"is an irreverent, satirical song that makes a few pointed remarks about the homeland of Die Prinzen. This single from the album D. (for "Germany") was released on the 40th anniversary of the building of the Berlin Wall in 2001.
Some references in the song text are borrowed from right-wing, neo-Nazi phrases and the opening chorus of "German, German, German..."is reminiscent of Nazi times. But the song satirizes such overt patriotism and other behaviors that are" typically German. "In case there's any doubt that this is satire, Die Prinzen use their favorite word (" Schwein ") at the very end to replace "to be".
Below you will find the original German lyrics to "Germany"along with an English translation. Only the primary verses have been included and the chorus"German,German, German..."is repeated between most verses.
WARNING: Some words in these lyrics may be offensive to some people.
Album: "Life is cruel"
"millionaire"is another of Prince's hit songs. It was first released on the Life is horrible (Life is cruel) album. The lyrics are about how great it would be to become a millionaire and, as you can see, it is definitely another satirical song.
Again, the main verses of this song have been included here with the English translation. The phrase "I would love to be a millionaire..." (I would love to be a millionaire) is repeated between most verses.
The German lyrics are provided for educational use only. No infringement of copyright is implied or intended. The literal, prose translations of the original German lyrics is by Hyde Flippo.
- History sneeuwhoogte ischgl webcam
- 2.5cc is how many TL
- What does takito mean in Japanese
- Is a Brazilian blowout safe when breastfeeding
- Sony sa-va3 how to connect
- How to grow sugar plum tomatoes
- That's what's going on lennon and maisy
- Rude status for WhatsApp in Punjabi Yahoo
- Fz1 exhaust pops when switched off
- Gaining confidence in singing, which is pitch
- How to Charge Trident of the Swamp
- Nbn opp texte what does that mean
- How to start snowball bushes from cuttings
- What you stand for
- How to work a 1cm tempering machine
- Where is the Shadowrun, Editor Cheat returns
- Java what is an array in division
- Abstract probably not how it works
- How to use spray after shaving balm
- Ajiking Pro Jigger specifies Howard
- How bright is 3400 lumens
- Fredrickson International, who are they collecting for
- How to put sand off weeds
- Howard Goldblatt Translate this into Google
- What does unharmed mean
- What is the difference between Pha and Hazop
- Mirascope how to make a glass
- How to annotate a poem igcse center
- Who makes ebel 1911 movement
- What is history famous quotes
- Wolf demons in mythology who were Odin
- Ben howard live dvd
- How to change the dimensions of a PDF