What does 100 g of bread look like
Plan B bread (100% toasted bread)
In the last May baking course on the Kalchkendlalm, my participants and I had a ZDF camera team as our guests. The program Plan B should be about the question of what positive examples there are of reducing or avoiding the throw-away craze for baked goods. In order to show that much more old bread can be baked into good new bread than has been the current practice in bakeries, we have developed a recipe in which just as much old bread is used as flour, i.e. 100% based on flour .
For bakers today, there are strict limit values for the use of stale bread, which are prescribed by the German food book. In rye bread, a maximum of 20% residual bread and in wheat bread a maximum of 6% residual bread, based on the amount of flour and calculated as fresh bread, may be added. If you then calculate out the water content, there is not too much leftover bread left to use.
We have now deliberately used bread rich in wheat in the course, which with the help of a rye sourdough prevents the dangers associated with the use of leftover bread. The thread-pulling bacteria can spread in bread, especially in warm months. This is not harmful to your health, but if breads are cooled down slowly and / or stored at approx. 30 ° C, the crumb gradually liquefies, becomes slimy and initially smells of pineapple and later of strongly fermented and vomit. Since the spores of the bacterium survive the baking process (originally it comes from the grain), it can be transferred to new bread via “infected” old bread. The leaven keeps the bacteria in check.
We put the remaining bread in the dough, on the one hand fermented in the pre-dough and on the other hand as a swelling piece.
The result is an extremely juicy, fluffy and crusty mixed wheat bread that is definitely to be recommended.
The broadcast on the topic of wasted bread can be seen on Saturday, November 30th, 5:35 p.m. on ZDF and then also in the ZDF media library.
- 80 g rye flour 1150
- 80 g water (50 ° C)
- 16 g items to be set
- 1.6 g of salt
- 40 g wheat flour 550
- 260 g leftover bread (toasted)
- 0.4 g fresh yeast
- 200 g water (cold)
- 140 g leftover bread (toasted)
- 140 g water (cold)
- 5 g salt
- Source piece
- 272 g wheat flour 550
- 3.5 g fresh yeast
- 260 g water (50 ° C)
Mix the sourdough ingredients together and leave to mature, covered, at approx. 20 ° C for 12-16 hours.
Mix the pre-dough ingredients into a firm dough and let it mature for 12-16 hours at 20 ° C.
Mix the leftover bread and salt with water, cover and leave to soak for 12-16 hours.
For the main dough, mix the water with the swelling piece, add the other ingredients and knead everything for 5 minutes on the lowest level and 10 minutes on the second level to form a smooth, sticky, elastic dough (dough temperature approx. 28 ° C).
Let the dough rest for 1 hour at room temperature (approx. 20 ° C).
Roll the dough tightly round and let it mature in the proofing basket for 45 minutes at room temperature.
Bake at 250 ° C, falling to 220 ° C for 55 minutes with the end up and steam.
Preparation time on the baking day: about 3 hours
Total preparation time: approx. 15 hours
Loose, juicy and malty: delicious bread recycling
If you want to stay up to date, please subscribe to my free newsletter.
If you would like to support my work on the blog, I look forward to YOUR HELP.
- Microlife watchbp 03 binding instructions
- Completely against the sky rilke duino
- How to make the cylinder paper plane
- Kenanga Wholesale City Promotion Hall
- Instructions for rappelling the descender
- What color are Peter Capaldi's eyes
- What does temporal proximity mean
- Minecraft tekkit how to use macerator
- Rain man who is on the first base
- Conquest of Starion does not begin when it is warm
- How does Mike Ohearn take dog everywhere
- Kansas City Chiefs players women who have cheated
- How long does it take for the rack of lamb to be sous vide?
- Recreational Chef 101 How To Set The Clock
- How long is a Plutonic year
- What is Gondor Primulon doing
- What is a pre-organization certificate
- How to use Otrivin Baby saline solution
- How to break up breast congestion mucus
- Which word best describes Moench Laurence
- What part of the sheep is mutton
- Culiolo lil quil descargar whatsapp
- Dr. Maria Stachowska Alergolog Beograd
- Krotoski cichy otomoto czestochowa
- Dim display for battery windows 10
- Degeneration mes aieux wikihow
- How to prepare matoke in Uganda today
- How to cut 90mm bay cornice box
- Rocky Parker, how did she die
- What is sugpo in english
- Ffx-2 How To Get Mascot Dressphere Guide
- Sick pictures for WhatsApp profile
- Doubled triples quadrupled what's next