What does the South African anthem mean
The official national anthem of the country South Africa has been "Nkosi sikelel’ iAfrika "since 1996. The hymn is divided into 4 stanzas and is sung in the 5 most widely spoken languages in South Africa, Xhosa, Zulu, Sesotho, Afrikaans and English. The first two lines of the first stanza are in Xhosa, the following two lines in Zulu, followed by Sesotho in the second stanza, Afrikaans in the third and English in the fourth stanza. South Africa describes itself as a rainbow nation, as a land of different peoples. This fact was also taken into account and therefore not only used the main language English or Xhosa as a basis. "Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrica "is originally a hymn that developed more and more into a resistance song during the apartheid days. The first 2 stanzas of the national anthem are based on it. "The Stem van Suid-Afrika" was the South African national anthem until 1994. In English and Afrikaans it is now part of the new South African anthem. Despite great resistance from within his own ranks, Nelson Mandela managed to get this symbol of the old government and the Boer population to be part of the new national anthem. He wanted to send a signal that the new South Africa should be a home for all upright South Africans, regardless of whether they are white or black.
Text of the South African national anthem:
"Nkosi sikelel" iAfrica
Maluphakanyisw ’uphondo lwayo,
Yizwa imithandazo yethu,
Nkosi sikelela, thina lusapho lwayo. "
"Morena boloka setjhaba sa heso,
O fedise dintwa le matshwenyeho,
O se boloke, O se boloke setjhaba sa heso,
Setjhaba sa South Africa — South Africa. "
"Uit the blou van onse hemel,
Uit diepte van ons see,
Oor ons eternal,
Was the crane answer gee, "
"Sounds the call to come together,
And united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom,
In South Africa our land. "
Translation of the South African national anthem:
“Lord bless Africa.
Praise be to your glory
Hear our prayers.
Lord, bless us, your family. "
"Lord, protect your people,
End wars and disputes.
Protect your people, Lord;
People of South Africa - South Africa. "
"From the blue of our sky,
From the depths of our sea
Over our eternal mountains
Where the peaks answer, "
"Sounds the call of unity,
And together we stand
Let's live and fight for freedom
In South Africa our country. "
Users who found here also searched:
south african anthem text | south african national anthem | What is special about the South African national anthem |
- Salon 202 Howell nj
- What happened to Paul Murray baby
- Bryczka do slubu czestochowa
- How to change engram points ark
- What is an online chat
- Whois domain ip history tracker
- When did Patrick Njiru career institute start
- Witricity project abstract like shapes
- Where is your heart Moulin Midi
- Gunfire and How to Make Them Hunt
- 93b Howick Street Lathlain Primary
- Where was Mxolisi Nxasana born to run
- Using Sync CD 2000
- How to use polyskin transparent dressing
- Where are Ionton pendants made
- How to view Trap SnMP Wireshark
- Muslim countries where prostitution is legal
- Who owns the original bat boat
- Wichita Jobs That Hire When Mar 14
- People who look like Vanessa Hudgens
- Rude status for WhatsApp in Punjabi Yahoo
- The whole nine meters of mayonnaise biscuits
- How do I get an admin cmd plugin
- Put the Columbus in chains