What is team role and scope
engl: team role
The sum of the normative expectations of other team members that they place on a team member.
Different team roles are associated with functions, positions and tasks that are typical for them. Team roles are assigned to the individual team members or they develop due to their aptitude and performance focus in the course of the group dynamic processes during teamwork.
The same team role can also be assumed by several team members.
Each team role provides the team with different competencies, which, however, are also associated with specific weaknesses. If the various roles are well represented in a team, a broad spectrum of competencies tends to be available. The heterogeneity of team roles thus promotes the provision of resources. The team members can work together in a functional and complementary way. As a result, the team is in a better position as a functioning system to cope with various requirements and to achieve changing goals. The balanced mix of team members and team roles is the main influencing factor on team performance.
Team roles according to Belbin (2004) as an example:
|Team role||Contribution, function||Characteristic||weakness|
|Inventor / innovator||brings in new ideas||intelligent, creative, unorthodox||neglects practical considerations|
|Trailblazer||explores opportunities |
|often too optimistic|
|Doer||has the courage to overcome obstacles||task and goal-oriented||impatient, provoked|
|ensures optimal results||carefully, conscientiously, persistently||over-anxious, reluctant to delegate|
|Converter||puts plans into action||practical, reliable, effective||little innovative, inflexible|
|observer||examines the feasibility of proposals||thinking critically, detail-oriented, strategic||sober, boring|
|team worker||improves communication, reduces friction losses||good listener, diplomatic, humorous||indecisive, overly sensitive|
|coordinator||promotes decision-making processes||trusting, employee-oriented, dominant||delegating, uncreative|
|specialist||provides expertise and information||committed, expertise counts||self-focused, gets lost in details|
In addition to the Belbin concept, there are also other team role concepts. There are still few results from a provider-independent evaluation for any of the concepts. The construct validity in particular is critically questioned.
This entry on the team role as a pdf (53kb) for download
see also: role
We would be happy to advise you on the topics of team diagnostics and team building.
Contact us for a non-binding preliminary talk:
Belbin, R.M. (2004). Management teams. Why they succeed or fail (2nd ed.). Oxford: Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann.
Heidelberg team roles inventory (HEI-TRI).
Dr. Matthias Blümke. Psychological Institute, Heidelberg University
Explore your typical team role with this online questionnaire!
> Top> Back © Andreas Klug
- Christmas mug wholesale uk clothing
- Inobrand instructions on how to play
- Incitan 2ml is like many ounces
- Where can you buy Periogard mouthwash
- How to install hikvision ds-2cd2112-i 2
- What is a TB-60 fire brigade form
- How to put a baseball cap backwards
- Alltechwholesale customer service number
- Check Roboform Sync Everywhere
- Sunbury Cot instructions on how to play
- Uk gdp all over the place
- What is the Tamil meaning of cinnamon
- How to get Talmahera Blade
- Body linen spray base wholesale
- How to use polyskin transparent dressing
- Who says cos instead of because
- Common nuts in nigeria what is bta
- How long cacciapaglia spartito danza
- Clinton, what difference would it make
- How to Correct Philippines Baptismal Certificate
- How to activate the modifier in the mixer
- What does Orange Monkey Adler Strasse mean?
- Breed fish anywhere using advanced business machinery
- How to get the prop hunt going