Runny nose while eating soup and losing
Gustatory rhinitis (runny nose when eating)IndicationsRhinitis Gustatory rhinitis is a watery, runny nose that occurs in connection with eating and is not caused by allergic reactions. It is mainly treated locally with nasal sprays. In self-medication, antihistamines (e.g. azelastine) and, if prescribed by a doctor, anticholinergics (ipratropium bromide) are used.
Synonymous: Gustatory rhinorrhea, runny nose when eating, runny nose when eatingSymptoms
A runny nose (rhinorrhea) occurs in connection with eating. As a rule, there is no itching, sneezing, eye involvement or nasal congestion as with allergic rhinitis, for example with hay fever. Runny nose while eating is bothersome and a psychosocial problem.Causes Triggers
In connection with the food. In some cases, but not exclusively, spicy or spicy foods.Differential diagnosis
Other forms of rhinitis such as a cold or an allergic runny nose such as hay fever.Non-drug treatment
If only certain foods trigger the runny nose, they can be avoided. In some cases, surgery is possible.Medication
Antihistamine nasal sprays such as azelastine can be used for self-medication. Azelastine has shown good effectiveness in studies to treat vasomotor / non-allergic rhinitis. In Switzerland, however, it is only officially approved for allergic rhinitis. Anticholinergics (parasympatholytics) such as ipratropium bromide in the form of nasal sprays are also used for medical treatment. It is used preventively before meals or at the onset of symptoms. Antihistamines or anticholinergics can in principle also be administered internally, but this increases the risk of undesirable effects.literature
- Ang Y.Y. et al. Treatment of idiopathic gustatory rhinorrhea by resection of the posterior nasal nerve. Tohoku J Exp Med, 2006, 210 (2), 165-8 Pubmed
- Medicinal product information (CH)
- Bernstein J.A. Azelastine hydrochloride: a review of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical efficacy and tolerability. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007, 23 (10), 2441-52 Pubmed
- Choudry N.B., Harrison A.J., Fuller R.W. Inhibition of gustatory rhinorrhoea by intranasal ipratropium bromide. Eur J Clin Pharmacol, 1992, 42 (5), 561-2 Pubmed
- Raphael G., Raphael M.H., Kaliner M. Gustatory rhinitis: a syndrome of food-induced rhinorrhea. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1989 Jan; 83 (1): 110-5 Pubmed
- Wheeler P.W., Wheeler S.F. Vasomotor rhinitis. Am Fam Physician, 2005, 72 (6), 1057-62 Pubmed
Conflicts of Interest: None / Independent. The author has no relationships with the manufacturers and is not involved in the sale of the products mentioned.
Our online advice service PharmaWiki Answers will be happy to answer your questions about medication.Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on 7/11/2012.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- How to Help Minecraft Server Lag Mod
- Cambiar Perfil WhatsApp Windows Phone
- How to open a ufdr file
- Martin Chown procurement definition
- What does kuposhan mean in English
- What is truthfulness in realistic literary characteristics
- How to grow Ashitaba from propagation of cuttings
- How many stereoisomers are possible for aldopentosis?
- Ejabberd how to change the admin password
- What is the main disjunctive normal form
- What does no jump, no game mean
- How to change the bracelet without scratching
- How To Apply Pancake Makeup In Urdu
- How much does a Bibi weapon cost
- Kako vratiti izbrisane slike sa telefona whatsapp
- Emotional status for WhatsApp in Punjabi films
- Howard University College of Dentistry Aegd Program
- Heterokaryotic stage in fungi, which divides
- Who makes Rustie dolls 42
- What is Shabar mantras
- When did Norman Stingley die today?
- Silenciar Conversacion WhatsApp Plus
- What is ontkennende vorm in Afrikaans
- How to maintain the humidity in the terrarium
- What is Refuah Shleima
- Answers how to make breasts bigger
- Bulk orchid bark wholesale
- Loewe versus Hyaene, the Hulk would win
- Bhromor koio gia by dilruba chowdhury
- Television replaces what is smell
- Korean idols who did plastic surgery
- When is the British Heart Foundation Day blessing
- How can I open Dlis files
- Howes Percival sales shop