How to draw straight hair
Learn to draw hair: 3-step instructions for realistically drawn hair
Do you find it difficult to draw realistic looking hair? In order to be able to draw hair, you need a good understanding of shading and a lot of patience with the pencil.
So that you can approach an impressive result step-by-step, these instructions are divided into three parts.
The first step is to look at the texture of a single strand of hair. How do you draw the light and dark areas to indicate the texture and curvature of the strand?
In the second step you will learn how you can "break up" a hairstyle into different parts. This is the only way to reproduce the course of the hair as it looks in reality. To do this, let's look at a simple hairstyle with a bun.
In the third section, you will see how to draw wavy hair. To do this, you need the craftsmanship from step 1 and an understanding of the hairline from step 2. Combine the two aspects and you will soon be able to draw complex hairstyles yourself.
Instructions 1: Draw a strand of hair
Use a systematic approach to drawing your hair. As an example, let's look at a single strand of hair. Use a hard pencil to prime the area a uniform shade of gray. Leave the area that will reflect the light and therefore look brighter.
Next, use a slightly softer pencil like an HB to darken the lines. Use less pressure on the pen in the reflective area to increase the contrast between darker and lighter areas.
Repeat this process with a soft, highly abrasive pencil to give the drawing the necessary amount of power. The darker areas of the ends of the hair and the hairline are reinforced, the light areas of the strand are indicated with little pressure, just to get a uniform transition and to indicate the texture of the hair.
If necessary, you can lighten the reflection area of the hair with the kneaded eraser.
Instructions 2: draw hair
Next, let's look at how you can draw a complete hairstyle. We want to draw straight hair tied in a bun. Start your drawing with a rough preliminary drawing of the head and the most prominent parts of the hairstyle.
The hair in this hairstyle can be divided into three areas, each with a similar gradient. The large part of the back of the head as well as the two smaller areas of the hair tied together. Pay attention to the course of the hair on each of the three areas.
Take an HB pencil and hatch the individual areas. Leave the areas blank that should appear brighter due to the reflection of the light.
Now go over the individual brushstrokes with a paper squeegee, cotton swab, or brush to make them a little softer.
Now use a soft pencil to draw darker areas. Usually the hairline and the places where the hair is tied are darkest. When drawing the hairline, pay attention to the direction of the individual surfaces.
Enhance the contrasts by using an even softer pencil or by increasing the pressure with which you run the pencil over the paper.
Now you can once again highlight the bright reflection areas with a kneaded eraser. Make sure you use this tool carefully and selectively.
Lastly, use a very sharp pencil (or a mechanical pencil) to outline individual hairs. This gives the hairstyle that certain something.
Instructions 3: Draw wavy hair
This step-by-step guide is all about how to draw wavy hair. Find a template and sketch out your motif.
Analyze the fall of the hair and the course of individual strands. Then carefully draw them in with an HB pencil.
Now start shading as we practiced in the previous instructions. The hair on top, facing the light source, is lighter than the hair that is closer to the head. There are also different shades of gray within individual strands to emphasize the texture.
To round off the result, you can draw in the darkest areas of the hair again with a dark pencil and highlight the highlights with the kneaded eraser.
If you shape a fine point with the eraser, you can even rub out (or expose) individual hairs and thus draw a more realistic work.
- What is called Sevanthi flower in English
- Howard University PA program accreditation
- Who is Alhaji Wasiu Alabi Pasuma father
- How to get gen 6 pokemon quiz
- Where is Highway 17 closed
- What is a Sacramento Baked Alaska Dessert
- How to pronounce jeroham
- Num lock is deactivated when access is opened
- How to remove the desktop.ini file with cmd
- How to pronounce sinemet
- What an Inuyasha demon I am
- Dim display for battery windows 10
- The square square puzzle, how to solve it
- Kunjwani Chowk Jammu Weather
- What is 2 identical consecutive characters
- Suggest a good name for WhatsApp group chat
- Falkenbach, where its ravens fly sugar
- Which channel is the investigation discovery on xfinity
- What does it mean to court someone
- The meanest sinner who really believes that
- How to grow Ashitaba from propagation of cuttings
- The Microsoft Word 2010 tab moves the entire paragraph
- Where is the Premier League trophy kept
- How to activate the modifier in the mixer
- What is wmm no confirmation
- Photos mamonas para el whatsapp bien
- Nardi fe866ez guide to playing
- How to build extremely challenging habitat directions
- How to do a genogram online for free
- How oil works in the screen saver for motor animation
- What is Floc Point
- The b16a2 swap doesn't start when it's hot
- How to fix magnepan speakers mmg