Jantikalu with urad flour what is it
How is flour made?
Flour - what is it actually and how is it made?
Cereal grains like wheat are made up of a starchy endosperm with various outer layers and a shell. Most of the minerals and vitamins are located in the outer layers, because the germ develops from these layers. Milling produces various grain products that are later processed. Flour can be obtained from the grain types wheat with its subspecies emmer, einkorn and spelled, from rye, barley, oats, millet, maize and rice. In addition, the so-called pseudograins quinoa, buckwheat and others can also be processed into flour.
In professional flour production, grain goes through various stages of production.
After delivery to a grain silo, the grains are roughly cleaned in various stages, whereby foreign substances that have got between the grains are also removed. The grains are sifted, scrubbed and cleaned until the grain is clean. It is then wetted with water and dries in a stand-off silo. Then the grinding process begins, which is interrupted by sieving. Modern grain mills consist of grinding rollers in the roller frame.
With classic grain, grain meal, semolina, bread and cake flour are now produced in various degrees of grinding. Some flours go through up to 20 grinding steps. In addition, bran is often produced, which is mostly used as animal feed. The different flours are packaged and we can then choose our preferred flour in the grocery store.
Grind types and types of flour
Grain grains can be ground to different finishes. In the narrower sense, flour is only the very finely ground variant, while coarser ground products are called grist, semolina or steam. While bread is made from flour, pasta, for example, is made from semolina - preferably durum wheat semolina.
The higher the degree of grinding, the darker and richer in vital substances the flour is. Whole grain flour is ground through without sifting out essential flour components.
The typing according to DIN relates to the mineral content of the flour.
Wheat type 405 - the classic household flour - contains 405 mg of minerals per 100 grams. Type 1050, on the other hand, is a very good baking flour with 1.050 grams of minerals per 100 grams. Whole wheat flour has no type designation because the whole grain is ground.
White flour is mainly obtained from the endosperm, while the old German name Ruchmehl stands for flour that contains part of the outer shell.
Germs and shells - do they need to be removed?
That depends on which flour you want. Classic flours are made without a shell or seedling. Whole wheat flour, on the other hand, contains the whole grain and thus the shell and seedling. Whole-grain flour was the norm up until the 17th century because the shells could not be technically removed during grinding. White flour is therefore a relatively modern product.
Flour - how does it get better?
Usually ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and other additives such as malt flour are added to the flour to make it more durable. Vitamin C delays the oxidation of the flour. In principle, white flour has a longer shelf life than wholemeal flour, which due to its higher protein and fat content goes rancid more quickly.
Make flour yourself at home
With a household grain mill, you can make flour from your own grains at home. Many people swear by home-ground flour because it is fresher and does not need to be preserved with additives if it is processed immediately afterwards. As a result, the nutrients and vital substances of the grain can be preserved in the flour if the germ is also ground and wholemeal flour is made.
- What does ut amem et foveam mean
- How to connect the Garmin 740s to a computer
- How to fix hard drive without formatting
- Howell's spectacular thelypody endangered
- IPhone 4 yellow spots when hot
- Where is the Dominican Republic located on the continental shelf
- Malayalam girls WhatsApp numbers
- Indirimplus 1 tl how much saudi
- Simon Mann cricket commentator who has died
- How to fertilize autoflowering plants
- Muchachitas como tu actors who played
- Hopback probrewer who owns
- Ironing the hair after tying it again while washing
- Haruki murakami what I'm talking about pdf
- Vegas twins turn around for who they are
- PHP how to access class constants
- What does bullfrog mean in your head
- Where to watch avatar animation series online
- When were frost-free refrigerators invented the light
- Backcountry movie what's the real story
- How to read a bolt finder
- What is acrylic enamel house paint
- Baidu root 4pda WhatsApp
- Eisenhower Suez Crisis Quotes
- Michael howell attorney tampa fl
- Ielts test dates India Punjab Ludhiana Nathowal
- How does the conference wheel work
- How To Cure Vampirism Witchcraft
- Number of people who have climbed Everest
- Counter in Karachi how to lift
- How to reset lg nas password
- Who died on Texas memory wars
- Whole Pocket Angels wholesale