Eurodin 1 mg corresponds to how much mcg
Convert mg and µg to IE / IU: Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
The fat-soluble vitamins A, D and E are usually given in German-speaking countries with their weight (mg or µg). µg are sometimes called mcg abbreviated, 1000 micrograms (µg / mcg) are 1 milligrams (mg). In some cases, however, international units are also given instead of mg / µg. International units are used in German as “I.E.” abbreviated, in English "IU"
Confused? No problem, the conversion is relatively easy.
Vitamin A conversion mcg <-> IU
To convert vitamin A as retinol present from µg:
From IE / IU to mcg: IU * 0.3 = mcg
For example, 5000 IU of vitamin A (retinol) * 0.3 = 1500 mcg.
From mcg to IU one calculates mcg / 0.3 = IU. Example: The nutrient reference value in Europe is 800 µg of vitamin A as retinol. This corresponds to: 800 µg / 0.3 = 2,667 IU
If vitamin A is present as beta-carotene, a substance that can easily be converted into vitamin A by the body, one calculates:
From IU to mcg: IU * 0.6 = mcg
For example: 5000 IU * 0.6 = 3000 mcg beta-carotene.
Conversely, the IU is calculated from the mcg: mcg / 0.6 = IU
Vitamin D conversion IU <-> mcg (cholecalciferol as vitamin D3)
Vitamin D is found in foods and food supplements as cholecalciferol (vitamin D3). The calculation of IE and mcg is the same for vitamin D2.
Conversion of IU to mcg: IU * 0.025 = mcg of vitamin D.
For example, 400 IU of vitamin D3 * 0.025 = 10 mcg of vitamin D3
From mcg to international units IU one calculates: mcg / 0.025 = IU
Example: 5µg is the NRV for vitamin D, multiplied by 40 results in: 200 IU correspond to the NRV of 5 mcg vitamin D.
Vitamin E (mostly RRR alpha tocopherol)
The conversion of vitamin E is a little more complex because there are different forms of vitamin E.
To convert vitamin E, which is available as DL-alpha-tocopherol (see label!):
From IU in mg: IU * 0.9 = mg
For example: 30 IU * 0.9 = 27 mg
From mg to IU: mg / 0.9 = IU
To convert vitamin E when it is present as D-alpha-tocopherol:
From IU in mg: IU * 0.67 = mg.
For example: 30 IU * 0.67 = 20.1 mg
From mg to IU: mg / 0.67 = IU
Learned something? Then share it via facebook, twitter or e-mail!
- Morocco girls WhatsApp group
- Dog leash hardware wholesale
- What does kenahora mean
- Blokada otwarcia okna dachowe
- Faerber Dhau boats for sale
- What does warning mean extremely volatile
- How many square kilometers is Victoria Australia
- How to Open Smartwater Sport Subtitles
- What are the green phone booths called
- What causes calcification of the prostate
- How to record an insurance reimbursement in myob
- Doctor who made the adventure games patch fr
- How to make homemade cement molds
- Js what is a sealing weld
- Who wears Licenex ratings
- How to blow glass pipes with torch
- Barbara howard obituary texas
- How to fix uncooked rice pudding
- Wikia how to make someone an administrator
- Which state of matter is watery?
- How to Make Turrones de Mani
- 2.5cc is how many TL
- How many tehsil in uttar pradesh
- When did Norman Stingley die today?
- Jean Bailey Howard University
- When did Noqaphi Nosekeni die this week
- Bhikha Wholesaler Durban Gift
- Who Owns the Penhall Construction Wiki
- Mkoteachny somros ep 47 what happens
- Nelsonian blindness definition who
- Where is love filmed again
- Kate Quinn Organics Wholesale
- Toilet hissing when filling up